It's official

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I love Borderlands.

At first, I was alittle iffy about the game. I always am when I cannot play a demo, and go out a purchase the product.

After going through 18 levels, and tweakin my INI files so my FOV can be 110, I've come to love this game. (I love the FOV because it makes the game seem that much faster.)

I would love to go on and on and on and on and on and on about how much fun this game is, but I've gotta go to work. :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I really love this game and I hope they continue to support it with good content releases. Welcome to the fold, bud.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Same. I want to get a different character build up at some point. I'd rather be Mordecai. My freaking Brick is proficiency 10 with snipers :p

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I too was skeptical about this, but once I completed the first couple missions I became hooked. Hell yesterday I probably went through a good 10 hour session.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've done 25 hours in the last 7 days. That is insane amount of time for me...

Maybe an even more interesting statistic. My friends have played Borderlands for a total of 652 hours, taking the top slot. Left 4 Dead is in a close second with 153 hours. :lol:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Steam says I have:

Borderlands
35.9 hrs

Steam says my friends have:

Borderlands
505.4 hrs

:lol:

Congratulations, Gearbox and thanks for the badass game!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Amazing. Got owned by an overleveled enemy! :)
Still cannot understand the save system. Is it automatic?

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
It automatically saves whenever you get close to the New-U stations or the beacons that turn green. It shows a vault logo in the corner of your screen when it saves. If you exit the game or are disconnected from a coop host, anything you have done since that last save point will be lost.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
What about if I changed my character's hair color? Will it save that?

Or what about if I picked up 10 bucks in game and then it crashes, did it save that? I need that 10 bucks, that's like a month's supply of ramen, man.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
It automatically saves whenever you get close to the New-U stations or the beacons that turn green. It shows a vault logo in the corner of your screen when it saves. If you exit the game or are disconnected from a coop host, anything you have done since that last save point will be lost.
Partially correct. Exiting will save your progress; not sure of the case of disconnects, but I've never lost anything when Brizz's connection farted a few times.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Best game since TF2.

38 hours, but I was sick last week. I'll never get to play it obsessively like that again now that I have no excuse not to go to work.