Teen Goes on Axe Rampage After Losing Game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
In times gone by he would have gotten a bullet, now he gets an apartment. It's now illegal for stupid to have consequences, therefore it abounds.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Jesus, a SCHIZOPHRENIC who claims to have heard voices TELLING HIM TO KILL PEOPLE and has SEEN A SATAN-LIKE FIGURE gets DRUNK...yet, based on the headline alone, he did it because he lost in a video game. Oh, and he's played Grand Theft Auto before.

Grrrrr...

Tragic, nonetheless. There needed to be some early detection on this guy.

g4nd41ph

Feb 1, 2005
In times gone by he would have gotten a bullet, now he gets an apartment. It's now illegal for stupid to have consequences, therefore it abounds.

What's next? Stopping welfare checks for the handicapped because they're too lazy to work?

The person in the article is mentally ill and needs help; he can't be held accountable for his actions. Please use your brain before you post something like that again.

Your words remind me of nazi Germany, where handicapped people were "euthanized", because they were a burden to society, even though they were just unlucky enough to be born the way they were.

Last edited by a moderator:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
The percentage of violent schizophrenics is lower than in alcoholism. There isn't really a link between violence and schizophrenia.
There is other disorders that are a lot more violent, I don't understand why schizophrenics always get a bad name and are portrayed bad in the media or whatever. Just because there is some violent schizophrenics doesn't mean they all are. Allot of schizophrenics are almost "normal" you wouldn't even know they were schizophrenic, I think people get mixed up with psychosis, psychopathy and even MPD/DID sometimes, mostly because of that movie.

Don't the symptoms have to be present for over a month before you can be diagnosed anyway?
I'm blaming rage and alcohol for this.
Definitely noting to do with video games anyway.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
The percentage of violent schizophrenics is lower than in alcoholism. There isn't really a link between violence and schizophrenia.
There is other disorders that are a lot more violent, I don't understand why schizophrenics always get a bad name and are portrayed bad in the media or whatever. Just because there is some violent schizophrenics doesn't mean they all are. Allot of schizophrenics are almost "normal" you wouldn't even know they were schizophrenic, I think people get mixed up with psychosis, psychopathy and even MPD/DID sometimes, mostly because of that movie.
I don't think people get THAT confused, simply put, murderous, violent or extreme schizophrenia is fascinating interesting stuff whilst "barely noticable" schizophrenia is... Well the title says it all.
The media focuses on what is interesting what would be the point otherwise? Its not at all odd.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
There is no "murderous, violent or extreme schizophrenia" if it's seriously bad then it's probably something else or not specified.
Of course there is violent schizophrenics, but there is violent alcoholics and violent people in general as well.
People always link schizophrenia with negative things is all.

Try to think about it from a schizophrenic's perspective, would you like everyone to just presume that you were some murderous violent psychopath just because you had schizophrenia?

Last edited:

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
What's next? Stopping welfare checks for the handicapped because they're too lazy to work?

The person in the article is mentally ill and needs help; he can't be held accountable for his actions. Please use your brain before you post something like that again.

Your words remind me of nazi Germany, where handicapped people were "euthanized", because they were a burden to society, even though they were just unlucky enough to be born the way they were.

That is the stupidest possible anal-ogy you could have pulled out of your ass. This dude didn't have difficulty performing work, he drank himself stupid and hacked someone to bits with an axe. You think these can be equated? Should have kept it at 7 posts, dumbass.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006

1247232747085.jpg

g4nd41ph

Feb 1, 2005
That is the stupidest possible anal-ogy you could have pulled out of your ass. This dude didn't have difficulty performing work, he drank himself stupid and hacked someone to bits with an axe. You think these can be equated? Should have kept it at 7 posts, dumbass.

I'm not the one suggesting someone who under influence of a mental illness killed someone should be shot to death.

Lock him up in an institution if you must. Perhaps release him if he ever does get beter and provide the necessary support after his release.
Also, don't forget to press criminal charges on the parents for allowing their crazy son to drink and not getting him proper help before he finally snapped.

Now I might be a bit too eager here to attribute the attack to the kid's mental illness. It could be just because he was a very aggressive drunk, since the article only states that he was a paranoid schizophrenic, not that it was the actual cause of the attack, but I'm willing to bet it had at least something to do with it...

Let me quote the article:

This case is sad beyond words. The pain the Roberton family feel is unimaginable. These events are hardly credible were it not for the fact that he was suffering from a severe mental illness.

Last edited by a moderator:

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Now I might be a bit too eager here to attribute the attack to the kid's mental illness.

Brilliant deduction. Either way, if someone had just capped him where he stood, axe in hand, then grandma wouldn't have gotten hacked up and the problem would have ended with the one who caused it. Or at least we'd have one less axe-murderer. Argue against that, genius.

P.S. On second thought, please don't.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark

As i'm sure you know, "Schizophrenia" covers a broad spectrum of different deseases (you work in the Psych field perhabs? you seem more informed than most), from the very mildest kind called "Schizotypal Personality Disorder" which is practically more an annoyance to the patient than a desease, to the very extremes, which is "Paranoid Schizophrenia", most Schizophrenics are harmless, and will never spend a single day in a psych ward, because their symptoms are no cause for alarm, most don't even need medication, but the exception is the last group, the Paranoids, thease are the ones who have psychotic eppisodes, who hear voices and have hallucinations, they do need meds to live a normal life (and sadly, anti-psychotic meds have some terrible side effects, causing many to stop taking them), and some, even though it's rare, can become very dangerous durring their psychotic eppisodes (not because they are bad people, but durring psychosis they are nolonger in the same world the rest of us are, in their world, people might not even look like people, they could look like Demonic creatures, some of them do harm thinking they are defending themselves), and they often wont even remember it after the eppisode is over.

Now this guy says he heard voices telling him to kill people, that definately suggests he is a Paranoid-Schizophrenic (one with a very unpleasant past), and also the potentially dangerous kind, and if he had a full blown psychosis, then yeah, that could be the cause right there.

It's rare, certainly, but some Paranoid-Schizophrenics can be a danger to themselves and others because of their illness.

Try to think about it from a schizophrenic's perspective, would you like everyone to just presume that you were some murderous violent psychopath just because you had schizophrenia?

Unfortunately this is very true, most people will emediately think of the very worst cases of Paranoid-Schizophrenia, or even get it confused with Multiple-Personality-Disorder, when they hear the word "Schizophrenia", but the truth is that this is a rare illness, most Schizo's have a much milder form of Schizophrenia, and even the Paranoids are rarely dangerous, Schizophrenia is no reason to fear people.

Goddamn you are dumb.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Brilliant deduction. Either way, if someone had just capped him where he stood, axe in hand, then grandma wouldn't have gotten hacked up and the problem would have ended with the one who caused it. Or at least we'd have one less axe-murderer. Argue against that, genius.

P.S. On second thought, please don't.

When did pre-crime get implemented?

Unfortunately this is very true, most people will emediately think of the very worst cases of Paranoid-Schizophrenia, or even get it confused with Multiple-Personality-Disorder, when they hear the word "Schizophrenia", but the truth is that this is a rare illness, most Schizo's have a much milder form of Schizophrenia, and even the Paranoids are rarely dangerous, Schizophrenia is no reason to fear people.

In fairness... the ones you don't have to fear aren't the ones that people fear and the ones who are interesting(fascinating) to hear stories about are the ones that people will tell stories about.

Last edited: