Ragdoll freeze death problem :c

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

awk

Oct 15, 2009
I recently bought UT2004, and after installing and patching to v3369, but when I play the game; after I kill people, the ragdoll physics don't work o_O

Liek, if I kill someone without gibbing them, their body will remain in the position they were once their health reached zero (e.g: frozen running and aiming pose).
If I gib the enemy, the body parts that were gibbed will fly off as per usual, but the intact part of the body will remain in the pose that it was before parts of it were gibbed.
Also, gibs will bounce around and fly through the air like usual, so it's not a problem with liek, ALL the physics in the game, only when people are meant to ragdoll :c

Here's a link to a picture of the problem: http://i36.tinypic.com/246q1p5.jpg (was taken after someone was headshot'd)

I've tried reinstalling the game, but to no avail D:

Any halp or fixes for this would be greatly appreciated, UT2004's just not the same without bodies sliding along the floor D:

My computer's specs areee:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ
GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512MB VRAM
RAM: 2GB DDR2

Last edited:

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Check your UT2004.log file in UT2004/System folder

Then double check there are files in the Karma folder. Those are the ragdolls

awk

Oct 15, 2009
Check your UT2004.log file in UT2004/System folder

Then double check there are files in the Karma folder. Those are the ragdolls

Hey, I checked the .log file and there was a bunch of stuff about me changing the video options, but after that there was HEAPS of "Log: (Karma): KInitSkeletonKarma: Asset not found." over and over again, with a couple of "Log: (Karma: ) execKAddBoneLifter: Ragdoll not initialised."

I think you found the problem c:

How should I go about fixing it?

I also did a search for "karma" within my root Unreal Tournament 2004 dir and the only thing that showed up was KarmaShapes.usx, within the Unreal Tournament 2004\StaticMeshes dir and a folder named KarmaData within a mod directory I have for Killing Floor.
I hope that all made sense ^^;

Thanks for all the help, too

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
In you UT2004\KarmaData folder do you have the files:
Alien.ka, Bot.ka, Human.ka, jugg.ka, Skaarj.ka? (these files are actually just .xml text documents really)

If not then that is why the game cannot locate the karma asset.

awk

Oct 15, 2009
In you UT2004\KarmaData folder do you have the files:
Alien.ka, Bot.ka, Human.ka, jugg.ka, Skaarj.ka? (these files are actually just .xml text documents really)

I don't have the KarmaData folder at all sorry :(
Is there liek, a download on the internet or something? Cuz I've already tried re-installing my game, and the KarmaData folder won't appear. :(

I dont know if its asking too much, but could someone upload their KarmaData folder to a filehosting website?
That would fix this all up D;

Thanks for all the help too c:

Last edited:

awk

Oct 15, 2009
Hey, one of my friends was kind enough to send me his KarmaData folder over MSN. UT2004 works fine now. Thanks for the help, everyone :)

/thread