The Official UT3 Myths Debunked Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Express your opinion!

• Total voters

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
WHIPperSNAPper said:
It comes down to this:

At around 4 pm U.S. EST I counted 804 players playing UT99 online for all game types. Has UT3 ever, ever had that many people playing it at once online? I don't think so.
Sure. In Europe :)

Lee_Stricklin

Gaming Guru
Sep 17, 2008
Midwest
wingselite.com
Unreal/Tournament/Championship hierarchy

UT GotYE > Unreal > UT2K4 > UC2 > UT3 > Unreal 2 + XMP (PC) > UT2K3 > UC

Unreal Tournament and Championship in comparison to other arena style shooters

UT GotYE > Nexuiz 2.5.2 > UT2K4 > UC2 > Quake III/Live > UT3 > UT2K3 > UC > Nerf Arena Blast

Last edited:

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
What's so funny about that, dude? As much as I love UT and any other Unreal game, I must admit I (still) enjoy Quake3 (a lot) more than UT.

I don't think that's this thread's issue, but you carry on laughing your ass off if that pleases you so much.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Razorjack said:
Yeah but the total amount of active players is still disappointingly low, I'm sure.
Yes, but then you don't have "critical mass". For the sake of example, let's say there are 400 players x 3 platforms. That's not enough and then lots of guys and gals don't pick UT3 because "nobody is playing". With 1200 on the same platform or with cross-platform gaming that wouldn't happen and there would be 1500 or 2000.

Sep 18, 2009
Can't we all get along without the whole "Unreal game XY is the best" -thing?

It really doesn't achieve anything.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I think UT3 is pretty close to UT as far as gameplay goes. It doesn't have the same techno futuristic sports vibe but other than that it's as close as it can be without being a remake.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
I think UT3 is pretty close to UT as far as gameplay goes. It doesn't have the same techno futuristic sports vibe but other than that it's as close as it can be without being a remake.

I Agree I Enjoy Playing UT3

also

Much More than Vanilla UT2k4.(BW Doesn't Count I Still Go on that)

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Hmm, I wanna add my lulz post too!

Also nobody's played the new (Free to play) Nexuiz? It KILLS Quake III (PC and DC versions).

Yes a ton of people have played it but they go back to Q3 because it's a much more solid feeling game.

People who go "xxx>xxx" are usually bad at the games anyway so :]

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
myeyesarh2nl5.gif