Black College Football: The Xperience, Reviewed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The first reviews have surfaced of the Unreal Engine 3 powered Black College Football: The Xperience. OXM scores it a 5.5 out of 10.

What BCFx (as Aspyr has acronym-ized the game) gets right is the spotlight it shines on football at HBCUs -- historically black colleges and universities. There's a pretty nifty in-game museum with good info on the schools, their players, and their history. And since the marching bands are big-ticket stuff at HBCUs, Nerjyzed (the dev) built in a pretty entertaining playable halftime show. If you rock the crowd with some music-game note-matching, you're rewarded with some handy skill-boosting tokens that can make the difference in the second half.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
I love how the letter X is inserted in every other title now days, it really shows peoples ability to think of something creative and original.

So you play music at half time and football the rest of the time? i dont follow...
Rockband(marching band) meets football it seems.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Will there also be a "Historically White College Football"-thingy ?
Or is that saved for the sequel ?

nawrot

Jan 23, 2008
You mean "African American College Football: The Xperience", because otherwise it is racism.

Dellum

Apr 3, 2009
Will there also be a "Historically White College Football"-thingy ?
Or is that saved for the sequel ? ---

Of course not, that would be racist!, only black and brown people can do it.

Dellum

Apr 3, 2009
You mean "African American College Football: The Xperience", because otherwise it is racism.

'Funny' how blacks are 'now' labeled as African-Americans and whites are... whites and not Euro-Americans. blacks have a past, they have history, they have culture, they can be proud of that.... whites can't.

Black people around the world are learning the bad things of blacks in the U.S, here in Colombia most of them are starting to call themselves like that, African-Colombians or African-descendants... and white people here in Colombia are... white. they also have started to do all sorts of 'Afro-descendant' festivals, parades... etc, all sorts of stuff, but i don't see any of that for the Euro-descendant community, blacks can be proud of what they are(nothing more retarded of being proud of something that you didn't do and didn't have any involvement with) but if whites do it then they're labeled as racists. I sense it now, here and through the world kings of blacks ala Jesse Jackson or Al-Sharpton will start to appear, that's the next step. That rancid and fake nationalism is pretty dangerous, humans instead of seeing themselves as human and equal try to divide in every possible category...

Where is the Latino College Football, the Asian College Football, Cossack and Slavic College Football, Men with small penis Football, Men with one eye, one arm and no-teeth College Football... etc ?, for ***** sake, in the U.S there's even a Black Entertainment Television channel(BET), man... humanity has no repair.

Last edited:

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Racist all the way.BS hypocritical double standard.Doesn't seem politically correct to me.

This is all barrys fault.Damn chia is even into my video games now. :rolleyes:
I want a basketball game with white people ONLY with the name "Basketball Game for White People Only".

In this game when a player makes a standard insignificant tackle does he run around the stadium like he just slayed a dragon or do some dumb little chicken dance?I just wanted to know how authentic it was going to be.

When the ref makes a bad call will he get pushed down,cussed out and threatened?Just trying to keep it real yo?:D

Labnetik

Trapped In Unreality
May 10, 2006
England, UK
www.acidtechno.net
They should have at least tried to make other races feel welcome to attract the game to a bigger audience, how about a seperate side game where you can choose your profile and become a sniper at black college football games to take out the players? some kind of stealth game and you slowly cause mayhem picking them all off and then you face the cops.

There's only so much people can take with this divide and rule bs, respect, tolerance.. dividing themselves into what appears as a racist snobbery standpoint where no one else is welcome - in many areas of society. This is dangerous, and it is being used in a lot of countries against humanity as a tool to help with global gains of domination, control and enslavement of the people. The race card is being pulled on americans especially when it comes to the puppet bitch Obama.

I've no doubts a lot of this black snobbery has roots going back to the slavery days of the british empire and it's all about showing supremacy now, it's gone further than equality. Sure there is white supremacy and racism towards blacks still, but not so openly commercial and public as you see from purely black organisations.

It's time to let white groups to carry out similar activities and business ventures without fear of being labelled evil racists and targetted by the media in bad light because if the blacks are not going to drop this sort of supremacy then it's time to make it an open fair game no matter what history is. Personally I think it's a bad way to go even to make it fair game because everyone should be equal but nobody is immune from falling into the supremacy mentality affected by group pressures and location, survival instincts, fear or just plain hate, bah.. screwed up :rolleyes:

Black vs White college football Xtreme
possibly title of unequal equality?

but yeah this sort of thing doesn't have to bother you, can be easily forgotten about.. just get on with what you enjoy doing :)

back to GTA... ANGRY CRACKER RAMPAGE

lol

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
'Funny' how blacks are 'now' labeled as African-Americans and whites are... whites and not Euro-Americans. blacks have a past, they have history, they have culture, they can be proud of that.... whites can't.

Black people around the world are learning the bad things of blacks in the U.S, here in Colombia most of them are starting to call themselves like that, African-Colombians or African-descendants... and white people here in Colombia are... white. they also have started to do all sorts of 'Afro-descendant' festivals, parades... etc, all sorts of stuff, but i don't see any of that for the Euro-descendant community, blacks can be proud of what they are(nothing more retarded of being proud of something that you didn't do and didn't have any involvement with) but if whites do it then they're labeled as racists. I sense it now, here and through the world kings of blacks ala Jesse Jackson or Al-Sharpton will start to appear, that's the next step. That rancid and fake nationalism is pretty dangerous, humans instead of seeing themselves as human and equal try to divide in every possible category...

Where is the Latino College Football, the Asian College Football, Cossack and Slavic College Football, Men with small penis Football, Men with one eye, one arm and no-teeth College Football... etc ?, for ***** sake, in the U.S there's even a Black Entertainment Television channel(BET), man... humanity has no repair.

Uh, there are festivals for every major source of European Caucasian descent (Italian, German, Irish, etc.). The reason blacks identify with their skin color rather than their ancestral heritage is that their original cultures were wiped out or effaced by centuries of slavery, and their only source of group identification became their skin color.

To turn it on its head and compare the black group identity to the white self-identity is to completely misunderstand the black experience in America and much of the rest of the world. Blacks had separate colleges because they weren't welcome in other colleges for decades. Whites had all-white colleges because of openly racist policies. The two have no equivalency.

That said, this seems to be a strange topic for a videogame.