Mormons are Retarded

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Every Mormon I've ever spoken to has been borderline retarded. At first I assumed this was bad luck, but eventually I began to suspect that stupid is just how they come.

On mormon.org you can chat with missionaries. For your entertainment, I've posted a transcript of my chat with one, where I go under the psudonym 'David.'

Mormon friends on BuF, try not to be offended. I'm not sure if TWD is still doing the Mormon thing. It appears tool has simply dropped the second M.

David: I'm not an expert, but I was wondering what makes the Mormons so sure that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.

Benjamin: We encourage everyone to read the Book of Moromon, and pray to know if it is true. That is how I found out it was the word of God. The Book of Mormon is how I found out about Christ, and that the Bible is the word of God.

David: So prayer establishes what is true for you?

Benjamin: Yes. If I am interpreting your question correctly.

David: Isn't it true that many people have had strong religious feelings and thought that God was guiding them when he was not? I think of Muslim extremists, for instance. Not to compare the Mormons to ones who would kill in the name of God, but I hope the point was well-illustrated. In other words, how do you differentiate between a strong feeling and the guidance of God's Spirit?

Benjamin: Don't worry it was. I have wondered about that too. The Saviour said that if you want to know if the doctrine is His or not try and live them. I have found happiness and peace, and have found a decline in my deisre for bad, and an increase in the desire for good.

David: What about the counsel found at Jeremiah 17:9? Or Proverbs 28:26?

Benjamin: I agree our hearts can lead us astray. That is why we need to test the doctrine to see if it is from Christ or not. Perhaps that is why Paul gave us the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5:22-25. So that we could tell the difference.

David: Ah, now that's something! Instead of relying on a feeling, you recommend proving teachings using scripture.

Benjamin: I'm glad that helped. So, to get back too what we were talking about orginally, that is how I know.

Note how I've just shown his primary argument to be fallacious, practically spoon-fed him a better one, and he's glad he could help.

David: Very good. Can you, then, explain how the Bible can be used to prove the inspiration of the Book of Mormon in particular? There are a lot of holy books.

Benjamin: There are, the bible speaks of the Book of Mormon. In the Book of Ezekiel chapter 37 verses 16-22.

David: I'm not sure how that passage relates to the Book of Mormon.

Benjamin: Sticks were used anciently to hold scripture on. Like rolls, or scrolls. Judah is the jews, the primary provider of the Bible. Joseph, the other stick is of Joseph, and is in the hand of Epraim. The tribe in the Book of Mormon is Joseph and we, Ephraim, have it in our hands. When the two sticks come together, the gathering of Isreal begins. That is what we are doing.

David: Ezekiel takes two sticks representing the two houses of Israel, Judah and Ephraim. In his hand they become one stick. Thus, when God restores Israel, they will be united in a covenant of peace under his servant "David." (Ezekiel 37:24) I'm not sure why we should assume that these sticks also necessarily mean collections of scripture, or why we should think that one of them is the Book of Mormon. There must be a more straightforward passage that we could use?

Benjamin: Your right, and it is through their types and shadows (Bible, and Book of Mormon) that Go does this.

David: What?

Benjamin: They not only represent the two houses that were astranged coming back together, but also are the tools used by God to do it. A stick is what scripture was kept on.

David: I understand that sticks were used to wrap scrolls around, but does that mean that we should straight away assume that "stick" equals "Book of Mormon"?

In case you're skimming, the rest is just me trying to beat this simple idea into his brain.

Benjamin: It does seem to fit what the purpose of the Book of Mormon is though. It actually fits excactly what the Book of Mormon is for.

David: Couldn't we just as easily think that by stick, he just meant stick? Or if it must represent a holy book, why not the Qu'ran? You could be right, but I just don't see it. This is why I was hoping there was a plainer line of reasoning we could use.

Benjamin: Because the Qu'ran is about Ishmael, and his descendents. Joseph is of the Lost tribes of Isreal.

David: But you understand my point. You see the word "stick" and say "Look, he's talking about the Book of Mormon!" It could be, but it could be anything else in the world. Isn't there any other passage in the Bible that's clearer?

Benjamin: But a stick is for holding scripture. It could mean anything if you take hebrew culture out of it. Considering that it is context of hebrew culture, the interpretation is sound.

David: The interpretation is possible, but I'm really hoping you have a much stronger proof than a scripture that could possibly be interpreted a certain way. There must be something.

Benjamin: There are more scriptures, but the best witness comes from God. So I could keep going through scripture that "can" be interpreted another way, or you could ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. How would you feel about doing that?

David: Didn't we just talk about the need to listen to God through his definite, unchangeable Word, not through vague feelings that may or may not be right?

Benjamin: I find scripture to be very helpful in getting answers to prayer. I have never had the Holy Ghost be vague. Do you have a copy of the Book of Mormon?

David: No, I haven't read it. I was hoping that you, who has read it, could offer a solid defense in its behalf. (1 Peter 3:15)

Benjamin: The only way you will come to know if it is truely Gods word is to read and Pray about it. That is how I know, and that is how you will know. I can send you a free copy if you would like. The Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, helps me daily in becoming more like Christ. It can do the same too you. I would love to send you the chapter when Christ visits the americas after His death and ressurection. I can do that right over the internet.

David: I don't understand; don't you think it's reasonable that I would want to have just one reason to believe that the Book of Mormon is accurate before I undertake reading it?

Benjamin: I actually need to go home. My shift is up. If you want to keep chatting you can come back on. There people here all night long.

And he straight-up ends the chat session.

Seems more like you're a douche bag than anything. You have a conversation with someone under false pretenses (basically with the intent to make fun of them under the guise of curiosity. And whatever thoughts anyone has about this guy's faith aside, he does appear to be very open with you and happy to answer your tough questions...even when it's obvious that he can't). And then you went ahead and made a thread on the internets where you posted a private conversation. Granted, I've had my fair share of one-way conversations with the faith faring, but that doesn't change the douchery here.

Common decency. Get it.

Last edited:

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
This is a missionary who opened his faith to inquiry on the internet. He asked for it.

You got me, I was mean on the internet.

[Edit] I consider debunking Santa Claus a public service.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Cognitive dissonance. The story of the mormon church is so recent that adherents must depend much more on faith than on logic. That's just how people are.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
You got me, I was mean on the internet.

Have you considered what it might be like to be on the receiving end? I mean, to have someone challenge one of your beliefs and to endure any form of criticism?

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Have you considered what it might be like to be on the receiving end? I mean, to have someone challenge one of your beliefs and to endure any form of criticism?

That's just a fact of life, people will ask you to defend anything you trust, belive in or hold true, be it your political leaning, your views on abortion, your beliefs or even if you like UT3 or not, you name it and someone out there is going to disagree with you, and you have the basis for a good argument.

Everyone is on the receiving end every now and again, nothing new, pass on through nothing to see here.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Seems more like you're a douche bag than anything. You have a conversation with someone under false pretenses (basically with the intent to make fun of them under the guise of curiosity. And whatever thoughts anyone has about this guy's faith aside, he does appear to be very open with you and happy to answer your tough questions...even when it's obvious that he can't). And then you went ahead and made a thread on the internets where you posted a private conversation. Granted, I've had my fair share of one-way conversations with the faith faring, but that doesn't change the douchery here.

Common decency. Get it.

Quoted for saying it better than I would.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Cutting and pasting conversations from Mirc chat channels is a really nasty habit and people who insist on doing this are malicious basterds.
I've seen it a few times here on these forums so let's not pretend it's the first time it's ever happened.
Just don't do it.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
That's just a fact of life, people will ask you to defend anything you trust, belive in or hold true, be it your political leaning, your views on abortion, your beliefs or even if you like UT3 or not, you name it and someone out there is going to disagree with you, and you have the basis for a good argument.

Everyone is on the receiving end every now and again, nothing new, pass on through nothing to see here.

I disagree. Some people tend to be more on the receiving end than others and are still expected to show an example. In other words, they can asked to put up with far more crap than whoever is putting pressure on them. This is one such example.

Sorry but GRAF1K here has yet to prove that he could put up with antagonism of this sort before he can even begin to critisize another party. If I were an asshole, I'd ask him why he feels the need to waste time trying to find a fault in someone else's way of seeing things if he already knows that he disproves of it and can very well live without going to such lengths to define his position. I mean, it's not the sort of thing that stops one breathing or eating and co-existing with people that have conflicting views isn't usually a problem unless it threatens one's way of life. To be honest, it comes accross as nothing more than a way to distract oneself at someone else's expense.

P.S: And making generalizations when talking about people is definitely something to avoid.

Last edited:

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
Why stop at Mormons? Why not just claim all religions that point towards a god to be BS. I mean really they are so lets just put that out there OK?

Basing something on the Bible doesn't make it true. That's like basing a fact on a rumor.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Good point.
People discuss religion like they know what they're talking about.
You would not believe how many individuals are an authority on the subject second only to god himself.
Check some of the religion threads for some loltastic statements made.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Hi "I"'m a borderline retarded douchbag.

Yes, you are how old you 12? You just showed the entire community what type of messed up pre-teen you are and maybe what type of asshole you'll become by the time you do grow up if thats possible (Mental state wise) . IMO you should gtfo and not bother coming back. Making fun of religion -=not=- funny. Oh and maybe the joke will be on you when you're dead and you find out "Oh ****, they were there is some type of supreme power." and that you pissed on their shoes. Good work guy Good work.....

No need Capt. I'm sure they're forgiving of others trashing on their religious beliefs. However, I'm not and I am not Mormon, but my wife was born into the Mormon faith and although she may not be an active member of the church? I think -every person- should be allowed to believe what they want in regards to a higher plane/state/being, and someone to coming on and trash on it and piss on someone's boots because of their beliefs, that's wrong and someone is just sick in the head.

Last edited: