Guitar Hero 5[Guess who is rolling in his grave right now?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
That's just one reason Guitar Hero will never measure up to Rock Band. You realize Johnny Cash is in that game too?

Johnny Cash.

Singing Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting.

:facepalm:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
That's just one reason Guitar Hero will never measure up to Rock Band.

Eh, I find Guitar Hero way more fun than RB2. Too bad they are trying to match Rockband with the mic and drum inclusions though, they should just focus on making fun guitar parts. Maybe make a more complex guitar controller to differentiate itself from Rockband.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Eh, I find Guitar Hero way more fun than RB2. Too bad they are trying to match Rockband with the mic and drum inclusions though, they should just focus on making fun guitar parts. Maybe make a more complex guitar controller to differentiate itself from Rockband.

Someday someone will make a six-button guitar. Guaranteed.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY

Complex does not appeal to the masses.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
Guitar Hero has gone down hill. Guitar Hero 3 was perfect, they had every little problem figured out and the songs didn't get boring too quick. Then they copy Rock Band and it's just boring. The gameplay is all messed up, and it's like they just want to be Rock Band. I end up playing more Rock Band 2 than I do any Guitar Hero now. Expert isn't even that difficult on Rock Band, but it's a hell of a lot better than playing a flawed and boring modern rushed release from Guitar Hero.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Xbox Live Avatars are so ****ing gay.

Wow I'm glad someone mentioned that. They're a Wii rip off. Microsoft Games is horrible.
They way they've put them in the background is just completely unmatching with the rest.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Wow I'm glad someone mentioned that. They're a Wii rip off. Microsoft Games is horrible.
They way they've put them in the background is just completely unmatching with the rest.

I mean seriously, not to bash MS, but at least if Sony decided to make Home avatars usable in-game (at least for a game like Guitar Hero), they wouldn't look so damn out of place. MS has marketed itself as a *core* gamer machine but they went they went the kiddie route with their avatars. People should have at least been able to choose cartoony or realistic.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I've been thinking about picking up Beatles Rock Band, its about the only game in this series I think I could stomach.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I'm a big Beatles fan and it really looks like they've done their homework on that one. The psychedelic sequences and studio recreation is just fantastic and the songs have all been remastered for it as well.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I'd buy TB:RB but I

• don't have a 360/PS3/Wii
  • don't have the money to get either
I'm curious to see how far they can take the DLC. It's said that it isn't supposed to be all-encompassing, and they've already got a pretty good swath of their more familiar stuff on disc and planned for DLC.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Yeah, I'm a big Beatles fan and it really looks like they've done their homework on that one. The psychedelic sequences and studio recreation is just fantastic and the songs have all been remastered for it as well.

Are you gonna get the new remastered box set of all of their albums? I've listened to a few of the albums so far, and they are incredibly well done. Much better sounding versions then the remasters from the 80s.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Question for you guys. Do you think a Guitar Hero or a Rock Band game with Jimi Hendrix music would be too hard?

Probably not, the songs are only as hard to play as the programmers want them to be. The Nine Inch Nails songs in Rock Band are boring as sin to play, and that's almost entirely down to the way they've been programmed into the game rather than any lack of complexity in the actual songs.