Help - no vibration rumble UT3 + Xbox 360 PC controller?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Optical10

Aug 8, 2009
Quote:Originally Posted by TPSFan
OK. Here are some things you might want to change in the UTGame.ini file to customize your controller experience:

(Use the "Find" feature in Notepad to go directly to these entries)

Change bRemoveOnPC=1 to bRemoveOnPC=0

Once you save the file, load up UT3, and look in the "Settings" Menu where you normally set your Mouse sensitivity. There will be new sliders for your controllers sensitivity and a check box for Controller Vibration (Force Feedback).

..........with the Xbox 360 wired/wireless controller, with Win XP or Vista 64-bit with patch #5 and the above recommended UTGame.ini edits?

With the above-mentioned edits I do now see in game input menu options for gamepad and a slider level option for the amount of force feedback or should I say vibration from the new X input Vista version of the old DirectX input driver code in Windows Vista. But I get no response in game!

I'm getting full vibration support with other unreal tournament three engine games like Miller's Edge, BioShock & Batman Arkham Asylum Demo PC version, so why not in the original game?

Any help appreciated :)

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
oh. wireless controller. dunno bout that one, i got the wired one.

the driver supports force feedback. there is a tab in the driver config thinge to adjust it. force feedback worked when i played tomb raider. havent tried it with ut3 before but it should work.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
How is xbcd better? Does it mess up anything with standard 360 connectivity? AKA, will games that support the controller still recognize it as a 360 controller?

I'm getting full vibration support with other unreal tournament three engine games like Miller's Edge, BioShock & Batman Arkham Asylum Demo PC version, so why not in the original game?

millersedge.jpg

Optical10

Aug 8, 2009
Miller's Edge! :lol:

LOL, I didn't even recognise that spelling mistake. That's what you get there using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 speech recognition, especially in the Opera browser, it's much better in the woeful Explorer 8 some reason!