HOLP 3 For UT3... Soon!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Oh of course, but I'd rather play UT than UT3. And if you're going to make low poly UT3 maps than you might as well make maps for the better game, UT ;)

IF you'd rather play UT over UT3, why do you have to come here to flame this UT3 thread? :rolleyes:
Ow ****, that's sarcasm now, lol;;;;;;..:mad:

Arguments between members in a single community centered on closely-knit games that all share the same name = lololol.

As for HOLP - great work as usual. ;) Low-poly or not, these maps look like gold inside a chest of coal. :p (And from a BSP standpoint, are high-poly given the restrictions of BSP on the entire generations of UE.)

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
HOLP on UT3 is good because you have both these nice, clean and tidy looking arenas and those grungified, detailed, bloomed stock Epic and CBP maps in a single game, and you can randomise what you get with MapMixer.

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site

YAR i found a deck remix map in your link ( deck remix maps comes from GOD), please continue, i cant stop ROFLMAO !! :D:D:D .....

Why does a low poly map pack exist for UT3 ? People are making better looking UT1 maps than this.

OMG !! ROFLMAO !!

Last edited:

matw

Jul 9, 2003
Adelaide, South Australia
Interestingly, with an engine like UE3, you need to pay even more attention to things such as lighting when designing low poly maps, as a flat-lit map is going to look even more shocking without any distractions such as meshes - especially when there are so many so-called 'good looking' maps to compare against. I actually think it would be a hard task to pull off a good looking low-poly map - thus why I tip my hat to these guys and eagerly await this next pack.

I've thoroughly enjoyed their packs and they are just as important to me as some of the more high eye-candy maps (the ones with well designed gameplay). I think they deserve recognition for pulling off the elegant simplicity they do - alongside the core gameplay aspects.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Oh of course, but I'd rather play UT than UT3. And if you're going to make low poly UT3 maps than you might as well make maps for the better game, UT ;)

UT doesnt have normal maps and the totally awesome lighting of UT3. also UT99 textures are like 128x128 in size. thats why UT3 looks good with hold and not-holp maps and ut looks **** either way :p

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I was being tongue-in-cheek guys, I wasn't trolling about one game being better than another (hence the wink smiley). But certain people here have taken it upon themselves to be *******s, mostly milb, Ignotium, kantham, raziel (check the links, they're on par with these maps easily)...

No need to be cocks is there?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I was being tongue-in-cheek guys, I wasn't trolling about one game being better than another (hence the wink smiley). But certain people here have taken it upon themselves to be *******s, mostly milb, Ignotium, kantham, raziel (check the links, they're on par with these maps easily)...

No need to be cocks is there?
Oh please don't tell me you never expected people to have negative reply toward that negative reply? Why are you wasting our time copy/pasting names who did wrong when you're the fire starter?

(hence the wink smiley).

There's no wink smiley in your posts. So it was impossible to figure out either you were serious or not. I'll just quote it again.

Why does a low poly map pack exist for UT3? People are making better looking UT1 maps than this.

The way you came from made you look like a troll in the first place.

FYI I did check the links. You're right some UT maps did look a bit better than some HOLP. But that's not the point, the UE1 is outdated. Think of how people would react if I'd go post in their UT1 map pack saying the same thing you said but for UT3?

"Why does a low quality map pack exist for UT1? People are making better looking UT3 maps than this."

Please be more specific next time.

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
I honestly think tossmonkey makes some what of a point. There are UT1 maps that are higher poly than any of the holp maps but that doesn't really prove or mean much :B The holp maps look great and usually play great too :) I still have to say that one of the holp maps is still by far my favorite map for gameplay counting any UT I've played :p

Dregs

3D Artist
Oct 23, 2004
Charleston, SC
www.dregsld.com
Look like they need more pathnodes.
thumb.gif

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
lol one of those maps were milbs xD and hourences who was also on holp :DD

This is partly the point.

I like UT3 in it's own way, making the levels look like UT1 levels seems silly. The point I was trying to make was that if you're making UT1 levels, why not make them for UT1?

Gameplay should never compromise on the graphics, any good level designer will tell you that.