Would UT4 have chest-high walls if it got produced?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would UT4 have chest-high walls if it got produced?

• Yes

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Chest high walls would be ripped to shreds by UT weapons. None of this pansy weaponry in GoW. tyvm.

Worst invention ever.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
They already borrowed the stupid bulky armor guy with random lights style from Gears or War, they might as well use the rest.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Zero Punctuation have the funniest comments on just about every game.

GoW movement will not be a part of the UT franchise, but I have to admit it would be fun to try it out for a while.

The singleplayer campaign is what make GoW great. The game is easy to play and understand. The fighting is brutal and cool. Of course, having the game sold with every console as a bundle is unbeatable. How else could Super Mario World sell 20 million copies?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Its far more likely that if there is another Unreal it would have chest-high walls.

Not saying its very likely now, just far more likely then the next UT having chest-high walls.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Would? Dunno, UT4 seems pretty unlikely at this point, and if they did make it they'd probably just mess it up again... Should? Absolutely! UT would be a much more interesting game if it blended crazy, fastpaced arena action with GoW style tactical elements (among other things).

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Covering and pop out and shoot mechanics work well for console players as it's harder to run around crazy-like and retain aim with a joystick. Sitting behind a chest-high wall for a second or two gives you more time to adjust your aim and not have to make any crazy fast mid-air maneuvers.

Epic is of course going to add chest high walls to UT4 or Unreal 3, whichever comes first, as they are now complete consolefan leghumpers. :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
chest-high walls are simply the next-gen version of the crate ...
what we really need is exploding walls ... although that could be taken care of by destructable walls.

// ---
Would? Dunno, UT4 seems pretty unlikely at this point, and if they did make it they'd probably just mess it up again... Should? Absolutely! UT would be a much more interesting game if it blended crazy, fastpaced arena action with GoW style tactical elements (among other things).
I'd say that something of that nature could put a UT-like shooter back in the higher rankings of the leaderboards.
It certainly would be an interesting experiment.
Of course the hardcore ut-players are unlikely to care about such things.
then again ... they are almost extinct as a breed, so it's not like we're going to miss them ;)

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
Would be a step in the right direction, slow the game down some so you can enjoy and savor every frag, team based gameplay actually focus on teamwork, semi realistic weapons slightly over the top rather than the UT3 Bayformers, good solid singleplayer that can be played coop aswell...
Would be like fixing a knee injury by ripping the leg off. :rolleyes:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Jerkass thread indeed. Won't care a bit if chest-high walls will be produced, because I'm sure it will never happen. But I won't care even about a UT4; honestly there's no point producing another one - what we have is simply enough.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Bishop gantry said:
Would be a step in the right direction, slow the game down some so you can enjoy and savor every frag, team based gameplay actually focus on teamwork, semi realistic weapons slightly over the top rather than the UT3 Bayformers, good solid singleplayer that can be played coop aswell...
Like ETQW on the human's side?

Last edited: