A server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[pet]owl

Jul 13, 2004
Well ive been trying to figure out a way to get a server up. i think we could scroung up enough people to do a pug like we originally talked about on weds. Problem is unless you buy a dedicated server and install it your self your kinda screwwed and im not paying 200 bones a month for a server that gets used 4 times a month. My only other option is to run a basment box out of my corprate office but as ****ty as the netcode is even at thsoe speeds i doubt it would be playable with 16 people. If you guys dont care thats what ill do i jsut cant make any promises. Im going to email a few companys and see what they would charge for a server but it also does not help there is no master server. Any thoughts? I mean thre is no reason we cant play this game everyonce ina while ut99 is always busy people still play tribes and t2 and for F*&$ sakes people still play the original counter strike. So im not trying to raise the dead here but its worth giving it a try. the last time i did this pet was knee deep in tf2 compitition but we dont play games anymore really so i think we could pull something off. I jsut think a few games of xmp everynow and then would be fun.

I mean jeez people have been playing poker for years.......

Mar 6, 2004
Why don't we just use chaptor 1? nobody plays on there, and if we bring the real maps back we can play. Right now it needs to take off maps because it keeps saying "connection failed". I'll talk to Gab.

Just need a list of maps to add, got any ideas?

All the original maps minus free fall. What else should we have? i can give the list to Gab.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
If you give us your ip we can still add it to favorites and see your server listed.
And I ocassionaly join survivor server, but nowadays hardly anyone comes in.

Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, real maps only, because maps like ADR don't have any mapholes to exploit..

Map holes in XMP maps now are pretty much only if you go out searching for them. You wont find them if you are casually playing in the servers.