UT3 AS-UT99_Guardia

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hi all :)
This is a conversion of the original assault map AS-Guardia.
This is my first conversion of assault maps and I'm doing testings.

Map Info:
- Name: AS-UT99_Guardia
- Game: Unreal Tournament 3
- Type: Assault (click link to see details)

Images (click to link TinyPic)

Status of the conversion:
- T3D conversion: Done
- Package developement: Done
- Edit terrain: Not needed
- Add movers: Done
- Add textures: Done
- Add lights: Done
- Add sounds/music: Done
- Add actors: Done
- Add nodes/AI: Done
- Add fluids: Done
- Assault configuration: Done
- Cinematics: Done
- Details: In process...
- Beta Testing: In process...
- Server mode: Testing...

Download beta3 (26/09/2009)
- Self-extracting format (recommended, click to download)
- Manual format (click to download)

Thanks to Cowlike for the Assault Gametype developement.
Thanks to PrototypeNr1 too for his feedback and interest.
Speciall thanks to Ignotium for his help and advice.

I apreciate your support :rolleyes:
See you again.

Attachments

• GuardiaNEW.jpg
    GuardiaNEW.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 167
  • GuardiaOLD.jpg
    GuardiaOLD.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 126
  • GuardiaNEWBridge.jpg
    GuardiaNEWBridge.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 103
  • GuardiaOLDBridge.jpg
    GuardiaOLDBridge.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Information about beta-testing:

Known bugs and issues:

- If the tank is damaged and is reset by exploding, the objective doesn't be completed
- Destroyable objectives take too much high damage
- Destroyable objectives didn't take low damage properly

Last version fixes (beta3):

- Fixed bug that stucks the cammera on victory cinematic when you press a button to skip it (reported by Cockbite, fixed by Cowlike)
- Fixed a lifts bug that kills the players when they are using it (reported by Ignotium)
- Fixed some basic grammar errors (reported by Cockbite)
- Fixed some texture issues on meshes
- Fixed some light issues
- The link generator has been deleted (suggested by Ignotium and Cockbite)
- Added a second bridge's door to prevent lamming. Added another optional objective to control this second door
- Added a third lift on bridge and a new access to the room above the garage
- Added a mew access to the garage from defenders spawnpoint
- Now the boots know how to use the shapped charge (reported by Cockbite)
- Jump-paths processed, now the bots use jumpboots and translocator if it's activated
- Doors' triggers have been optimized
- Some BSP optimization, and removed unnecesary collisions
- Some Kismet optimization
- Some Meshes optimization
- Updated assault to 1.1 version
- Max players increased to 24

Last edited:
assualt is in ut3?
Hi xear0 :wavey:
Cowlike is developing the Assault mod fot UT3.
Here is the link with the beta download. It works fine. It's a very good project.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=184778

I am looking forward to see the final version of it. Make something out of it. (like using S3TC highres textures instead of the low resolution ut1 texes)
Hi Creavion
That will be the "details" phase, when I will try to add high resolution textures and make high detailed materials with 3D, but will be the most difficult and long phase.
Now several textures are in low resolution, but the look isn't bad.

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
hi xumari.

i really appreciate the work of all, who will bring back Assault to ut3 :D

so far it looks fine and you are doing well :) pls note that Guardia is the most spammy map in ut 99 and in its original form almost not successfully attackable. that's why there are many remakes of it . For example GuardiaAL :D

but looking forward for the betatesting. so we will see :D

pls note that Guardia is the most spammy map in ut 99 and in its original form almost not successfully attackable.
Yes, you're right, I remember. I'm trying to difficult the spam.
The reason I start with this map is that is simple to convert (no skybox, small map... simple) and in the assault1c mod there is a remake Guardio wich i can use to compare the assault configuration and learn to use the editor.

If every goes well, I will continue the work converting all the UT99 maps, and after that will see if I can with UT2004 assault maps (in my opinion the bests specially Mothership).

I hope I can finish the movers and assault configuration tomorrow. The process goes well. Now I can play this map with the assault mod with a few little problems that i think will be solved tomorrow.
I will upload a beta soon.

Thanks for your support :D

Hi all!
I'm very pleased to announce the first beta of my first converted assault map :eek:
The conversion process is done, and the map is fully playable with bots.
I played with godlike bots and it's very hard... but I think it has a good balance.
As you can see I added some new items, for example a spidermines to attackers for easy start the assault, and a link generator to defenders to easy defend of the tank.

I hope you will enjoy with this traditional map.
Remember that is a beta, and please if you find some bugs or have any sugestion, please tell me here or in my eMail (see the readme).

Play and Enjoy!! XD

Honestly.. why do you compress that as exe? I am very careful with exe downloads...
The exe is fully compatible, and has the posibility to show the license with Agree/Disagree buttons, and it's automatic self-extracting (very easy to install).
I understand you're carefully with exe, but with a good anti-virus there is no problem. This is an WinRAR exe and the probability to have a virus is the same in an exe and rar. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about :D
But this is a beta, then I'll prepare a zip format too ;)

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
that's pissing me on... everytime it says the file Guardia.ut3 is corrupted. i downloaded the latest winrar and winzip version. i ran it as admin ( usually not necessary) ....

i have no problem with other files only with that one. and i downloaded that zip/exe file about 10 times -.-

gonna try to download it with my old computer now -_- <- same error

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
okay I've checked the map out now :)

first of all it's well done and i can't see any other bugs than you have listed above.

some improvement suggestion :

- the button which opens the garage should instantly be triggered when you touch it.
Seems like you have to wait a few seconds touching the button till it triggers.

- and i still think it's too hard to attack on a 6on6. The Goliath at the end is like a superweapon. Has way too much hitpoints and can even be repaired.

Just some feedback of my site. I really appreciate your work and love the map :)