Mechwarrior 5!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
This isn't going to really be Mechwarrior 5 in sequel sense. This is more of a reboot of the series, and takes place about 25 years before Mechwarrior 1.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The game title is actually just "mechwarrior". There's no number. Check out the IGN interview for lots of info:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

I'm excited for the game, but I am also a bit skeptical. After reading the interview it's very clear that this is being made by people that have a big passion for the BattleTech universe, and understand completely what made the original MechWarrior games successful. Many are already claiming "oh it's just going to be more consolized crap", but after reading the article I couldn't disagree more. Sure they're going to have to make it work on xbox360, but the developers clearly understand the sim nature of the game. At this point I'm more worried about them going the other direction and making the game too inaccessible.

However, I'm also concerned that their ideas are going to be too big for practicality. They have a lot of good ideas, but they aren't very concrete yet. It reminds me of the kinds of ideas I had for games back when I was a kid and first played the MechWarrior games. Furthermore even if they do pull it off this game is going to take a long time to make. They're going to need a publisher that will give them lots of freedom, money, and patience.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2006
I'm wondering how they're going to balance this game. I remember playing Mechwarrior and Mechwarrior 2 quite a bit back in the day and my strategies always revolved around shooting the legs out from enemy mechs. Even though I'd be disappointed if legging opponents were entirely removed from the game, it was way too easy and too dominant a strategy in past games.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
*Clutches Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf Box* Your the only Mech Game for me...

Cant wait to see this come out though, looks fantastic! Always been a fan of Mech Assault & Warrior

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
*Clutches Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf Box* Your the only Mech Game for me...

Cant wait to see this come out though, looks fantastic! Always been a fan of Mech Assault & Warrior
Yeahhhhh Mech Assault, while fun, was *very* casual. 3/4s of the fun of Mechwarrior 2, 3 & 4 were all the customizations.

Not sure how much customization we'll have though, given that this is a 3rd Succession Wars game where most of the tech got destroyed... unless they like -- raid ComStar :p

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
how are they going to do all those sim controls on a 360 pad!?

I don't know, MechWarrior4 Mercenaries was the only one I played, and it was pretty cool.
Should probably keep the Assault series on the consoles though, and those still have plenty of room for added depth.
*agrees that Lone Wolf was badass*
________
StephanieHarlot cam

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Yes, you're right.
I did a bit more searching. It looks like a Warhammer.

It very much is a WHM-6R Warhammer.
Throughout the video, you see it firing it's PPC's, machineguns and SRM6. It does not, however, fire it's medium or small lasers.

It also gets it's floodlight blown off! :lol: It is however heartwarming to see such an oldie (and macross BANNED) but goldie duking it out in UE3.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Or you guys can just look at the hud and see that it says the Warhammer is at 48% while the Atlas-C is at 89%. Damn he was getting owned.

You can also see those weapons show up on the hud Jes.

Last edited: