UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Rejoice, Unreal Tournament players, for yet another mega-pack of custom maps is upon you. The UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 boasts 13 new DM and CTF maps (and a single player map too!) and even a new pickup system called UT3099 that "contains enhanced old inventory, new features and pickup functionalities from UT2004 and UT3 into UT99". Check the site for more info and more screenshots!

Download UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 now from BeyondUnreal FileWorks.

D3smond

Jan 27, 2008
Damn, finally when You relased this m-pack my harddisk ran out of free space =\
It's time to general cleanup 8)

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I got a couple of GBs left here and there. UT99 CMP2 you say, how about the first one? (UT99.org Community Map Pack 1) Where can I find that?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yay...lol at the tag "it wasn't called ut99" :lol::tup:

2_Face

Dec 21, 2008
nice job every one, I was wating for this one, i'm glad you guys finaly made it!
Can't wait to try it out.. i'll download this one tomorrow... it looks awesome thank you guys!

TourianTourist

Apr 14, 2009
I love the UC2 style maps made by Creavion (DM-Sacrimossa for example). He even used textures from this game, way to go.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I tried two of the Creavion maps: Kamah and Sacrimossa. What can I say about them? I simply say that their build impressed me more than anything released until now for UT1, included SP stuff. And these are just DM maps. Kamah uses Mekalopolis from UT3's OST, possibly the best track of the Tournament series out there.

Kamah is splendid, obviously the author had the ambition of making the map as good as the stuff from UT2k4 or even UT3. It's a combo of the beauty that those two games have to offer. Oh, and it's a beach, and the only one done well in UT1, at least from the ones that I have seen. I'd say the same thing regarding the jungle theme; probably everybody who played SP-Antalius wanted more jungles from Creavion.
Map needs 16 players or more to make it justice. The bots play well, get everything and like to hide in the plants...
Still remember the days when Creavion was starting to make it in the editor. Has been a good time indeed. Excellent.

Sacrimossa is UC2-inspired. Futuristic Egyptian theme, if you haven't played that game. The map is extremely detailed, and those pillars are tall enough to make you feel an ant compared to the place. It gave me this impression/feeling and I loved it. Insanely great, or greatest use of textures also (they come from UC2 as well).
Gameplay-wise, it's much easier to get into it than Kamah, even if telefragging at the UDamage's position can be sometimes annoying.

Time to see the rest. Some of the maps lag a lot though, especially the CTF ones.

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
I love the UC2 style maps made by Creavion (DM-Sacrimossa for example). He even used textures from this game, way to go.
I guess from the same source as like the UC2004 mod team has^^

But I am not the first one who used textures from this game for mapping. I have already seen maps with those textures on the epic forums like DM-Deadbolt. Really wonderful textures. Never liked egypt before but the uc2 style is simply amazing. Sadly only that the textures are so limited, If I am lucky I could make maybe 2 or 3 more maps in this style and the textures are all used then. But however, Unreal 2 has also some interesting so far nearly unused resources. Elara or Drakk to name some planets/texturepacks.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
UT99 must be 33 times better than UT3. Actually the name says it all.

CMP1 contains 5 maps, CMP2 contains 12.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I am trying the singleplayer map now....and whatthehell, you dont get even dispersionpistol and you are attacked right away by skaarjgunner, how am I supposed to defeat him? Fart to him?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
You have to let the Skaarj Gunner hit the small door on the left with a rocket. Then you have to escape, go outside, find the entrance to the prison (which will be on your left), getting the Automag, and so fight the Skaarj Gunners.

It's not hard. It was the intro that I suggested :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What intro?

I tend to disagree, the gameplay is completelly broken, too bad the map looks nice though.
And how the hell am I supposed to pass the tunnel without using god mode? When the gunner constantly shoots rockets in and I can't have room to dodge....
Not to mention I found some problems with movers and the english is pretty weird in these maps, the messages, or is it supposed to be that way?

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The gameplay intro.

The english in blue text is supposed to be that way. Play it on Medium difficulty before Unreal.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What is that fake redeemer for? It switched my weapons like mad back and I cannot use that fake redeemer wahtever it is and I am stuck in the pit...
Well, too bad I already started at Unreal but still, I don't like the gameplay there. :mad: