Prometheus v2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
This seems like a really neat mod, unfortunately the settings are too restricted. In particular, the Invert Y axis setting is not only missing, but trying to set it manually does nothing. The game automatically overwrites it, though I have no clue from where. Please fix this soon.
Will do, thanks. I'm trying to keep the Settings menu minimal, but I don't want to leave out important settings. If there are any more that you think should be included, please let me know.
Needed a **** load of tries to get past the 3rd level. Other states kept getting stuck in various places. Really annoying.
Breach? Was it the auto-open doors?
For some reason, my movement key changes do not get saved. Gotta use wasd... Meh, not a big deal. It's still an awesome and fun mod. :)

Any chance of releasing the character as a playable model? :D And does she have a name?
Do the settings change in the menus? But just don't change in game? If you exit the settings menu and go back in, is the setting still changed to what you set?

The character's name is Scylla, and she has been released as a separate character by its author, Tec, on the Epic forums. :)
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663982

Will do, thanks. I'm trying to keep the Settings menu minimal, but I don't want to leave out important settings. If there are any more that you think should be included, please let me know.

Though this isn't menu related, if you could please fix the problem where it won't read .ini file changes, that would be great. As for menu stuff, maybe one or two sliders for visual quality, kindof like what UT3 pre-2.0 was like, and some 16:10 resolution options, please.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Having to come out of the level to set the mouse sensitivity is a bit annoying. Granted
once it is done you don't need to change it again, but it was annoying having to go back and forth into the game to get it right. (I imagine there is a console command for it but couldn't recall)

Will give it a proper play later :)

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
Do the settings change in the menus? But just don't change in game? If you exit the settings menu and go back in, is the setting still changed to what you set?

Yes; Yes; and Yes. I've no idea why... ESDF is what I use normally for the game, but I guess it's not supposed to carry over. I see an Apply button at the bottom right of the Music volume, Resolution and Subtitles area; but not at the bottom right of the key configuration area.

Speaking of music, I don't hear any... Slider is all the way up. I normally have it to zero ingame... not sure if that is related/would have an effect.

And thank you for the link! :)

Edit: One last thing. When I type behindview to go into third person, I just see a floating head. :p

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I think you already know, but the character animations for the other states are not ideal. They seem to be holding an invisible weapon, and the shoulder of the extended arm clips with the body. Is it possible to make it so that it looks like the arms are at the side, like if she wasn't holding anything, and fix the shoulder? And have the arms acting the same as in real life when she runs and jumps?

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Having to come out of the level to set the mouse sensitivity is a bit annoying. Granted
once it is done you don't need to change it again, but it was annoying having to go back and forth into the game to get it right. (I imagine there is a console command for it but couldn't recall)

Will give it a proper play later :)
I'll be adding a shortcut to the settings menu from the midgame menu for the next release, I just started running out of time for a lot of stuff with this one. Thanks. :)
Yes; Yes; and Yes. I've no idea why... ESDF is what I use normally for the game, but I guess it's not supposed to carry over. I see an Apply button at the bottom right of the Music volume, Resolution and Subtitles area; but not at the bottom right of the key configuration area.
Doesn't seem like anything works, don't know why it's not using the ini settings even though the mod loads the ini. I'll definitely fix that.
Speaking of music, I don't hear any... Slider is all the way up. I normally have it to zero ingame... not sure if that is related/would have an effect.
There's no music yet, but I'm working on a dynamic music system for the next release. :)
Edit: One last thing. When I type behindview to go into third person, I just see a floating head. :p
I still need to go through and disable any functions I don't want the player to be able to use, like behindview. Thanks for the reminder.
I think you already know, but the character animations for the other states are not ideal. They seem to be holding an invisible weapon, and the shoulder of the extended arm clips with the body. Is it possible to make it so that it looks like the arms are at the side, like if she wasn't holding anything, and fix the shoulder? And have the arms acting the same as in real life when she runs and jumps?
Due to the lack of interest in UT3, it's hard to find an animator. And environment artists. And just about everyone else. :(

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Ok, I've fixed a bunch of stuff, including the settings not being read correctly. Really weird problem. :)

Code fixes:
- Fixed using Stop on Vault breaking the game.
- Fixed being able to use BehindView and other functions like ghost.
- Fixed setting changes not being read.

Level fixes:
- Fixed falling through the cave in Vault.
- Fixed the Breach auto-doors acting wonky.

If anyone wants to test out the code fixes, just pm me. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Lack of invert Y on mouse is the only thing ruining this game for me. The caliber of this mod is unmatched by nearly every other mod out there, I am very impressed. The Ball is your only real contender so far.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Lack of invert Y on mouse is the only thing ruining this game for me. The caliber of this mod is unmatched by nearly every other mod out there, I am very impressed. The Ball is your only real contender so far.
Certain people would also say "The Haunted" is a contender. But I think they're silly. :p

Anyway, I'll definitely put down a few hours to Prometheus this weekend. I love it to bits.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Alright, I'll definitely put that in. I should put out a 2.1 version.

The past week I've been improving the clone movement accuracy, and I finally figured out the bug where they sometimes wouldn't hit triggers correctly. I think that's the main things that have been spoiling the game for most people. It's completely unacceptable that the clones wouldn't do exactly what you did, and I'm definitely going to make sure they're as near perfect as possible for the next release.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I've been spending the time since release fixing all of the bugs that people have been finding, the main thing being the inaccuracy of the clones with their movement and missing triggers and shots sometimes. I'll be releasing a 2.1 version sometime next week. :)