The Ball: Teotl Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Another real treat for Unreal Tournament 3 owners: Toltec Studios has released Teotl, the latest version of their award-winning modification The Ball. In case you missed it they've got a new trailer, and then we have the latest screenshots:

The bullet list of goodness:

• At least twice as big as the previous release
  • We have redone large parts of the first three levels.
  • More than 4 hours of singleplay gameplay
  • 100 Percent all new art and content
  • Over 16 secret to discover and one very hard to find shortcut.
  • Solve puzzles and fight monsters in a mysterious world deep inside a volcano!
  • Previous installments have won a triple first prize in the Make Something Unreal contest and was awarded "Best Singleplay Mod of 2008" by ModDB.

This one's a no-brainer, folks. Grab it now!

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
I know what I'll be doing with my free time this weekend.

Thanks to the modders who do this sort of thing for free. (although from the quality of this, I see some job opportunities for these folks..)

And thanks to Epic for not turning their backs on UT3, even though it had a very rough release. They could have just abandoned it, but they chose not to.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Hmm I cannot set my bindings while in the mod (can't set keys at all), not to mention I had to delete the cookedpc ball one from previous installs....beacuse it crashed for me otherwise.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
We are aware of the key issue, will probably look for a way to solve it next release. In the meantime you'll have to use the ini file.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I had some crash in second level, but maybe it was just crapping out for no reason, I will see next time...
Anyway I noticed the old levels were redesigned, also they seem easier now kinda.
I think the not total conversion and the TC should coexist, I mean the one which you choose from UT3 menu and the one with the own menu, but obviously I can't have both in place.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Keys can be set in the in-game (escape) menu - settings.

Have fun everyone!

Ah thanks that worked, but when I went into controls right after the mod loaded there was no way to set them...it doesn't marter beacuse I don't need to rebind them, it said specific settings for mod but no controls(keys)....

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
Played through it... Very nice job. Fun to play indeed.

Those zombies can be fast sometimes.

I wanted to report a possible BUG?! (and SPOILER ALERT!!!)

At the part where you have to kill 4 zombies coming out of the floor by having them crushed by spikes from the ceiling, there is a short cinematic sequence after opening the last door that eventually sends the ball back down to the floor. After the cinematic seq, it wouldn't return to the player screen. I had to suicide to continue playing.

EisWiesel

... !!!
Jan 19, 2008
www.ut436.de
Just played and finished it, really awesome mod and great improvements from the first parts. I havnt exspected any serious bugs and never lost the ball, but i would recommend somethink like a hint where the ball currently is, maybe some kind of a compass that shows its direction.
little things i found:
- the scoreboard shows "The Ball, Pehua" all the time
- TheBall_Readme.txt line 68 shows example of TheHaunted mod

thx a lot to the whole Toltec Studios team, very well done at all aspecs, looking forward to "cave of sun" or what the next part is called :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I got a bunch of "Ambiguous package name" errors, clicked OK on all, then started using the awesome personalized icon on the desktop, and UT3 crashes on startup...

:( *cries*

Code:
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part1-Pehua.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part1-Pehua.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part1-Pehua_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part1-Pehua_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Characters.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Characters.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Interface.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Interface.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_JTMonkey.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_JTMonkey.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets2.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets2.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets3.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets3.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Sounds.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Sounds.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TheBall.u', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Script\TheBall.u'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part1-Pehua.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part1-Pehua.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part1-Pehua_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part1-Pehua_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level1_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2.ut3', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2.ut3'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2_LOC_int.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Maps\TB-Part2-Oztoc-Level2_LOC_int.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Characters.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Characters.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Interface.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Interface.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_JTMonkey.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_JTMonkey.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets2.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets2.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_LevelAssets3.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_LevelAssets3.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TB_Sounds.upk', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Packages\TB_Sounds.upk'
Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall\TheBall.u', not 'E:\Games\UnrealTournament3\TheBall\Published\Script\TheBall.u'

Attachments

• unreal-v3809-2009.05.08-02.31.49.zip
    20 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: