The Swine Flew Away from the Barn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
See you've all fallen for it.

This is nothing more than a distraction. People are trying to make as much of a ruckus about this story as they can as part of their political propoganda war. "OMG see the Republicans they are finished cuz they aren't fillibuster proof now". What a bunch of bull. Nothing has changed. Spector wouldn't have been much of a help anyways. The balance of power remains unchanged.

The only reason you're hearing about this is because the MSM would rather try to further destroy the Republican party rather than focus on the scam happening with AIG and GM right now.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Honestly this has more negatives for the Democratic party than the Republican party. They are now "filibuster-proof" and as long as they continue being completely awful, people will start thinking it's dems fault.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Do you know what is massively large news? When someone changes the little letter in front of the state they represent. Serious business.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well it is kind of big news in the world of politics. If it didn't matter then he wouldn't have changed affiliations.

What's really funny is watching KaiserWarrior get all bent out of shape. :lol:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Honestly this has more negatives for the Democratic party than the Republican party. They are now "filibuster-proof" and as long as they continue being completely awful, people will start thinking it's dems fault.
Just because Arlen Specter changed parties doesn't mean that he's going to go with the democrats on everything. Even you were saying that he switched so he could get re-elected - not because of ideology.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just because Arlen Specter changed parties doesn't mean that he's going to go with the democrats on everything. Even you were saying that he switched so he could get re-elected - not because of ideology.
That's not how it looks publicly though. If Franken gets seated, there will be 60 elected Democrats in Congress. vis-a-vis, even if all the Republicans banded together, they couldn't prevent any legislation from passing.

It probably doesn't mean much as far as what people will vote for, but it will look bad for the Democrats (who "control" Congress) if public opinion remains bad (which it likely will).

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Well it is kind of big news in the world of politics. If it didn't matter then he wouldn't have changed affiliations.

What's really funny is watching KaiserWarrior get all bent out of shape. :lol:

What can I say? I rage when people make completely retarded assertions like "ZOMG HE CHANGED THE LABEL IN FRONT OF HIS NAME NOW HE WILL COMPLETELY ABANDON EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER STOOD FOR!!!1!!1!!".

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Funny, I thought he was supposed to represent Pennsylvania.

His views were part of the corruption of the republican ideals. I don't care if that represents his state or not and frankly that has nothing to do with my point. If you don't know what I'm talking about fine, but reposting what Kaiser said is just stupid.

Last edited: