Unreal Soundtrack CD?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ceno

Apr 25, 2009
I have been looking for this cd for 3 years now and just can't seem to find it. Been to amazon, ebay, you name it.. :(

I do wonder why there are so many different versions for this sountrack. I've seen a 13 track, a 20 track, a 2-CD 32 track album. Which one is which? (considering I can't find any of them).

I did find an almost full download of the 32 track album off a torrent site.

The only files that I wasn't able to get were The Sunspire, The Queen, Credits. (all 3 files are missing a few mb's due to incomplete torrent sources) I was able to play the incomplete files in wmp tho. I decided to match it up the music I ripped from my Unreal Gold cd. It's weird but the songs I got from the soundtrack are of higher quality and better sounding than what I got off my unreal game cd. :hmm:

Apparently whoever had the full download is no longer seeding the fully intact torrent and everyone else has a 99.1% complete. So far I've been running my torrent for a few weeks now hoping someone with the full files will log on but no such luck.. I would love to get those last 3 complete songs. :(

Maybe I'm not using a good enough ripper for the music. Can anyone suggest a good program to take the music off the game cd without losing sound quality? I know the files are in .umx But I'd like to convert them to mp3 and have them sound just as good.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I actually downloaded this soundtrack in MP3 of that ultimate music collection thing....original CD format would be better though.

Diehard

I am not gonna tell yet where i got it, i will so, as soon as it arives. But acidentelly i bought me a copy yesterday :D

Delivery estimate: April 30, 2009 - May 15, 2009
Shipping estimate for these items: April 24, 2009 - April 27, 2009 1 "Unreal: Original Soundtrack From the Hit Game"
Straylight Productions; Audio CD; $17.49

Apart from its the music CD i have no clue which version it is. I also bought the Unreal: Official Strategy Guide by Craig Wessel. If all goes well and i receive it, than hopefully the music CD that comes with that book is also still inside the book. Cause i have no clue if its still inthere. And again, i have no clue if its the same CD or if its a different CD.

But when i got more info, i will post it here, though it could take a while because its all sent to a girlfriend of mine in the states, and she has to ship it back to me in the Netherlands.

Last week i thought it was time to purchase all the stuff i wanted to have for years. All together i ordered a dozen items related to Unreal, and i am still looking for some pieces that i also want. And those are mainly the full retail boxed versions of Unreal, Unreal RTNP and Unreal Gold.

I looked on e-bay and Amazon, and they offer alot of boxed versions, but after asking by mail they all turn out to be jewel case versions. Just in case someone from here is trying to get stuff like that, do ask the seller what exactly it is! Cause 99% from the time its jewel and not boxed, even though the page says boxed and it shows the boxed picture!

I also found stuff i didnt know excisted like the boxed version in this picture:

Unreal_MAC_Unreal_Mousepad.jpg

More ifo on this page:
Unreal Mousepad Mac

That box(or should i say two boxes, combined ?) look uber cool, i super wanna have it :crysmile::crysmile: I found it on tons of sites, but they all refer to Amazon where it says, its sold out, and they are waiting for a fresh stock from the publisher, needless to say thats never ganna happen anymore :( :( :(

Diehard

I actually downloaded this soundtrack in MP3 of that ultimate music collection thing....original CD format would be better though.

Yeah i actually came across several sites(well, at least 5) that offered the complete album for download. And i mean payed downloadsites, where you could download the mp3 files.

Heres a one of them:

Unreal Original Soundtrack From The Hit Game mp3

If correct i got me the CD which can be found here: unreal ost

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
That picture of the game in its original box and free Unreal mousepad has my inner fanboy screaming in jealousy and delight.

EDIT: I will worship the person that has original boxes of every Unreal game released on PC. That would be one hardcore fan. All I have it Unreal Anthology (which doesn't work anymore), so even though I own all Unreal games excluding UT2K3, it's not quite the same when four of them are on the same disk...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The mac version has more music files btw, unused ones, nobody uploaded these yet.....

Diehard

The mac version has more music files btw, unused ones, nobody uploaded these yet.....

And i was supposed to retrieve those long ago. But i never could get it to work on a PC. And theres little to none MAC's around me. I have the large retail MAC box for unreal, but as said, with no MAC its impossible to get the files.

If i ever get a MAC on my hands ill retrieve all files that are unknown for now and offer them for download.

Diehard

I have to refrase above. After i made that post i was looking in the booklet that came with Retail MAC box i have, and theres mention of a mousepad. If its that mousepad we talk about i have no idea. But on the other hand, all other items in that booklet do excist as well, so i doubt that the mousepad in the booklet and the mousepad in "Combi Retail box" are different. Lets say 95% sure its the one in the booklet :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thunder Crash mug is the best thing, seriously.

Thunder Crash? This is Unreal stuff and that symbol has nothing to do with thunder cash at all....
It is Skaarj symbol used for mines or something, you see on tarydium barrels this symbol and also on some crate tetxures, which were unused in original game but used in some custom maps....

Anyway as for the music....someone in oldunreal forum said that he had the songs...anyway is there some mac emulator or something?

Last edited:

Diehard

Yeah that symbol surfaces on several textures in the Mine package like on this crate:

MU_BOX1.jpg

This symbol from the PlayrShp package can be found on several walls and crates:

Panels2l.jpg

Together they were used in later games(UT and UT3) for CTF like these examples from the SGC project:

CTFBlue_Large.gif
CTFRed_Large.gif

For whatever reason UT2004 makes use of different symbols, if that aplies to UT2003 as well, i have no idea.

Anyway as for the music....someone in oldunreal forum said that he had the songs...anyway is there some mac emulator or something?

If i recall correctly this was Shivaxi. As for the emulater, backthan i tried several times but i simply couldnt get it to work. It also didnt help(and this still aplies) that i didnt dare to mess up my OS for it. Theres simply too many projects i have running to risk making unreparable damage to my installation. As it is, if i throw the CD in my system, it cannot even see theres a CD sitting in it. And since its a brandnew copy i asume that the MAC files/format are that different the player cannot even see the disk.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Since the symbol shows a thunder crashing on the ground, it's probably been the inspiration of Thunder Crash. I'll always call it this way like the Inuit (blue) symbol.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
U2XMP had these symbols again and U2 originally too, see XMP-Alcazar.....

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The lightning symbol is actually the symbol of Vortex Rikers. Bars in the background are, well, bars for prisoners, and the lightning shows that they have electricity enabled (if you read the Unreal manual, you'd see that the barriers were indeed electrical in Vortex Rikers, until they crashed and electricity went out).
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UMS_Vortex_Rikers
If you looked at it, the original texture is named VLogo, as Vortex Logo:
http://unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Web...al/PlayrShp/PlayrShp/DecoS3TC/Large/vlogo.jpg
The same package has VName, as Vortex Name, and it says "Vortex Rikers", so the symbol is from VRikers for sure.

Last edited: