America's Army 3 video interview with in-game footage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..... beeeep... beep... beep... beep

yepp, I'm still alive ;) ... just wanted to share something that an old friend of us all pointed my nose at today ...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47812.html

I really want their budget to show them what "realistic", "vast" and "never done right CQB in a game" actually looks like.

Almost hilarious to say the least.

... comments welcome ...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, I'd really like to have their arsenal - minus the DE, which I dearly hope is NOT in-game. Otherwise it looks like a pretty common "realism" shooter to me - yeah, no crosshairs, but no freeaim either, so a scotch tape and a permanent marker later you have your own crosshair. Also I'm reasonably disappointed in the rear irons being non-transparent/non-blurred and apparently immobile - for gods sake "Hell In Vietnam" had slightly bobbly crosshairs, and otherwise that was the worst 5 mins I ever spend on a demo.

It's also slightly funny they found out bunny hopping is unrealistic after "only" two parts; still never heard of AA2 before, but then I'm no fan of the series since after I found out you need online to advance offline - at that time I was primarily offline, and playing the shooting range three times was enough; and yes, I shot the DI at the third attempt, he looked a tad Nali at that time..

Also does the army have some special flashlights - I mean near the end you see a char running in a dark tunnel and he switches on a flashlight (out of nowhere - didn't see one on the M16A4) with both hands on his weapon..

Well, I'm still giving my hopes to BFS and keep playing Inf meanwhile. We might be just one or two dozen and only playing COOP and TDM, but it sure beats any online game I ever tried - in a large extend due to the fact that nearly all remaining Infers are really nice people (except me perhaps :D)

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
If they worked so hard on player animations why are they still so terrible? Especially the way the characters show recoil.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Sorry Beppo, but it's not AA3 the thing i am waiting for, nor Ground Branch. It's ArmA 2, oh yeah.

ArmA2_10.jpg

ArmA2_20.jpg

tip_rollovers.jpg

i_venom_underside_2.jpg

i_venom_touchdown.jpg

tip_move_with_buddy.jpg

http://dslyecxi.com/screens/ArmA2/0904/19/i_brass_ejecting.jpg
http://dslyecxi.com/screens/ArmA2/0904/19/i_harrier_on_station.jpg

... Goddamn, i am going to need a nuclear powered computer.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Oh god. That game looks really weird. It looks like nothing new nor to be revolution in the field of "realism" games.

ARMA2 is going to be my thing too most likely. If they incorporate some of the good idea of the ACE mod into ARMA2, it's going to be one of the best infantry sim ever made.

On a sidenote... carp on a computer desk is so overrated.

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Well, the ArmA2 screens sure look nice - but I don't believe in screens since they don't say squat about gameplay, and no matter how often the marketing people say it's "actual in-game" materal I won't believe them - after all marketing guys are paid to lie to customers.

The UH1Y looks pretty awesome - just out of curiosity: can the slick actually carry the rockets/miniguns AND troops? Old hueys didn't. The soldiers do look very "artificial" though. Well, when is it due? 2015?

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Well, the ArmA2 screens sure look nice - but I don't believe in screens since they don't say squat about gameplay, and no matter how often the marketing people say it's "actual in-game" materal I won't believe them - after all marketing guys are paid to lie to customers.

The UH1Y looks pretty awesome - just out of curiosity: can the slick actually carry the rockets/miniguns AND troops? Old hueys didn't. The soldiers do look very "artificial" though. Well, when is it due? 2015?

Screenshots are in game, here some from gamestar
http://www.gamestar.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=52911&fk=2004932&pid=6
http://www.gamestar.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=52911&fk=2004940&pid=6
http://www.gamestar.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=52911&fk=2004939&pid=6

About the gameplay itself, well, it's not that hard to guess. It will be like Opf/ArmA.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Screenshots are in game, here some from gamestar
Those are from the same game?? The ones you posted here look quite a bit better in quality than the gamestar ones - although the gamestar ones look like they could run on current hardware; I'm not sure I like the symbol overflow on the HUD though.

As for gameplay, I never played ArmA; I intended to get it at some point in time, since a friend of mine bought the game when it was fresh and complained about the bugginess, but when I looked later I never found it. If gameplay matches OFP then I'm mildly pessimistic - I've played OFP and found a lot I liked back then - mainly the infantry combat - and also some things I didn't like - namely the tank and helicopter missions and certain mission designs (the tank mission where you run into the amush and the final mission mostly). To be honest I doubt anyone will succeed to get Infantry, Armored and Helicopter combat into one game with realistic behavior of all three within the next ten to twenty years - OFP would have been vastly better [single player wise] IMO if it had been restricted the player to infantry only.

To get a tad back on topic - is AA2/3 still free like the first one?

grafic is nice
I think! all of you who wanna play thet game must buy new and very good pc to play thet game and you don t wanna have wista on it lol
I still have xp.I don t bellive thet will be good game (maybe single player and i don t play single player missions) just grafic not game.i think it will have 5-10 servers with 10-30 players online and thet is all but thet is just my thinking!
fps will be slow with very good new pc :D lol i think if this is true grafic

Engine on thet game?

Unreal engine rools from begining !!

And Yeah i am weating Ground Branch i belive thet game will be batter then bouth of them.I mean batter then aa and batter then arma.
Grafic tells me nothink abouth thet game.U can have very good grafic but who will buy new good pc for normal gameplay in 1 game .Like allways good grafic and sux online game.
We will se if i have right :p

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
all of you who wanna play thet game must buy new and very good pc to play thet game and you don t wanna have wista on it lol
I still have xp.
That is why almost every PC game nowadays has scalable graphics - yes, you will need a high-end machine to play it as seen in the screenshots, but that doesn't mean it won't look good on lower end machnes - noth UT3 and HL2 do look pretty reasonable on mid to low range rigs.

And as for Vista being slower - that's a myth from the time it came on the market and drive support was poor. I've bough my latest laptop when only Vista was offered with it and I did think about it to wipe it and put on XP, but then decided to give it a try - just to be surprised that Vista [SP1] is on par with XP concerning games and also reasonably useful otherwise - I still use Vista and didn't have any real problems so far. IMO Vista is a victim of the fuss created my the early driver problems and bad mouthing by people who rarely or never even used it - I've heard many people complaining about it and when asked how long they used it they usually respond "never" or "saw it at a friend"; I'm not saying Vista is any better than XP but it sure isn't worse [unless your rig already has problems to get XP running, that is :D].

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
ah wista is a bug and windows 7 is big mass too
I usually try not to pick on peoples spelling [no matter how horrible or sense-killing they might be], but it's "Vista" - and I'd really like to know where you got the information that 7 is going to be a mess, since most sources actually indicate it'll be better than both Vista and XP.
Ut3 and hl2 hmmm u can play on midle computer
Well, UT3 is reasonably new so it won't run on PC's that run HL2 flawlessly - plus I'd really like to know what you define as middle computer? A Pentium 2 with a Voodoo 3 card? It ran really nice on my old Pentium 4 with Mobility Radeon 9700 (which is a downclocked version of the Desktop Radeon 9600) and that's what I would consider to be low range nowadays. Don't get me wrong, but if you're playing modern games on integrated GPUs you're doing it wrong..

lol

hmmm for me middle pc is 3500 amd 64 , nvidea 8600 gt 2gb of ram

I have 5 computuer and thet is worst of them
I have batter pc for playing

a win7 lol

U can not fix thet vista os
just look start menu in win7 change it in normal and u will see 1 bug
If they didnt fix simpple problem lol how they will fix real problems
And history what is the diffirent windows 2000,windows xp home and windows xp pro or 2003 (well 2003 is using lower ram but sux anyway i would not call thet windows 2003 is server lol )
Just many and name of windows
Diffiren is realy small and if u usk me win 2000 is the best of them
I use xp pro with sp 2 if i install sp 3 my microphone don t work in ventrilo and i don t know why
For me win7 is still vista diffiriend is just like in win 2000 and server 2003 who don t use thet much ram but win 7 still have many bugs
i usking my self now who will buy this s h i t

Last edited: