Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
If you think you had it bad, I had to lay down in a field of those things to get the shots I did. My legs were full of little sharp spines. If you want something softer to go with the soft tones though, maybe this is more your pace:

The_Embrace_by_CyMek.jpg

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Cymek, both shots are really well captured and I love the post processing too. :tup:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Got my new bike this weekend and also made a few pictures :

Scorpion_fs_ruby_red_3_small.jpg

Scorpion_fs_ruby_red_4_small.jpg

And the rearview mirrors :
Scorpion_fs_ruby_red_6_mirror_right.jpg

Scorpion_fs_ruby_red_5_mirror_left_.jpg

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
It's a HP Velotechnik Scorpion FS (the colour is custom ) to be precise.

The point of these things ?
To move from A to B as comfortable and fast as possible while not getting stuck in traffic. ;)

And the specific reason I wanted one ?
It's one hell of a ride and it is more fun than cannot be explained if you haven't driven one of these before.
It's like a go-kart, except I am the engine myself ;)

(oh ... and I know one could buy at least one used car for what this one cost ... though it costs less to maintain even though insurance was a bit high )

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
You need insurance to ride that bike?
Bikes are huge over here! I see guys riding all sorts of crazy bikes on campus including the one you have. I have to admit that I have never had the pleasure of riding in one.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
If someone rides one of those around here, theyll be tagged "handicapped" in no time.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
You need insurance to ride that bike?
Bikes are huge over here! I see guys riding all sorts of crazy bikes on campus including the one you have. I have to admit that I have never had the pleasure of riding in one.
You don't need it to ride, but it's insured against theft and damage which seemed like the sane thing to do given its cost.
//

:lol: ... it was my attempt at photographing my new bike :D
So it's valid here, is it not ?

If someone rides one of those around here, theyll be tagged "handicapped" in no time.
they'd be the ones that would be handicapped in no time if they did that ;)
then again I don't give a *beep* about what others think. The bike is simply too fun to ride for that to matter.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
spider-hand.jpg

b4 any1 yells it, that is my hand and the spider was on it, that is not photoshop, that pic is almost 20 years old.

That big chunk of skin missing from your hand, top left below your thumb - don't suppose that spider has got anything to do with it by any chance?

Lruce

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
That big chunk of skin missing from your hand, top left below your thumb - don't suppose that spider has got anything to do with it by any chance?

Lruce

I can't say for certain what caused it becaused such things were routine for me with hobbies like caving, rock climbing, and dirt biking. However Spiders have 2 fangs, they inject a liquid that liquifies their prey's insides then they suck said insides out, so a spider couldn't cause that sort of scratch.

Little known fact, those 'Golden Orb' or 'Garden' spiders as they are also called, are some of the most docile spiders, if not the most docile, there are. They bite less then Lady Bugs.

BTW Cymek I realised what exactly the first pic reminds me of: early national geographic nature photography, say circa 40's -to mid 50's. If I had taken the second one I would have had to remove the powerlines with photoshop. For some reason I find them distracting.