In-Game Twitter Functionality Coming to UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Epic Games has announced that Twitter functionality is going to be incorporated into the next patch of unreal Tournament 3. According to Epic, a player can tie their Twitter account to their install of UT3 through the menu system. Once that is done, the first 140 characters of each in-game message will be sent to your account as a tweet.

"Online play is the lifeblood of PC gaming," explained the Director Of Online Functionality, United States. "Epic is committed to leaping to the forefront of this technology, by integrating our flagship franchise into The Cloud. Now your friends can follow every shock combo, every sweet hoverboard grind, every flag-camping sniper-whore headshot, wherever they are: at home, at work, on their mobile devices."

Epic declined to comment on rumors that match results might soon be posted to Digg in real-time.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Don't think of it so much a return, as a special guest appearance, like when Dean Martin came to visit Jerry Lewis on his telethon after they didn't talk for like 20 years.

... except I'm not going to drink myself to death.

... and I like Jerry Lewis.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
One day, when I'm bored enough, I really have to look up what twiter does.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Don't think of it so much a return, as a special guest appearance, like when Dean Martin came to visit Jerry Lewis on his telethon after they didn't talk for like 20 years.

More like someone decided to wheel Grandpa Simpson out of the retirement castle for the day ;)