Filefront to be suspended indefinently.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Well that does not bode well...

Being that most of UT99's files are in Filefront's database.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Well lucky for most of you, you don't have dial-up so I need to work around the clock.

Since Nalicity is still freakin down im just picking out files with names that prettymuch describe the map. Im not even done with the ctf maps and I haven't started with the dm ones yet.

Stupid Bush and his tax-free spending spree. It's his fault:mad:

Are those Monster Hunt maps backed up from there? I download them right from the MH site. If so I can leave those alone and worry about them later.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
http://farewell.filefront.com/

With Filefront disappearing in 5 days, that's a terrible blow to a lot of modding communities for lots of various games, as Filefront was a solid host and so was used by lot of games modder to have a non-temporary mirror for their work.

Really sad news.
Get whatever mods and files you planned to get before the 30 March, as all will be lost after that.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
They should have announced this exactly after 7 days, next week. Too bad they didn't. Or if they really meant to do that, then it's quite a harsh April Fool.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
man, this really sucks. Filefront was the only place I uploaded my stuff to and always found files that no other site had. What I really liked about it is that I didnt have to wait for any downloads at all.

First Furpile.com and now Filefront.com. I guess I'll never upload anything again if these sites keep going down one after another..... useless! :mad:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
What a shocker, I hope someone manages to download best UT files off from there before they will be lost forever :(

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Well save for maps and small files, models/skins and big mods like Inf/U4e and others can be saved.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Nalicity might as well stay down, lol. Oh, that's not funny at all.

I don't get how one of the best sites can't manage itself. File Planet and those others suck monkey blood but they're fine, for now.

Unless it's a really sick joke.