FileFront Closing "Indefinitely" March 30th

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
March 30th will mark yet another sad day in the history of the games industry, the long time file mirror and all around neat file sharing site, FileFront, will be closing its doors indefinitely.

What does this mean for BU? It means we lose another File Mirror partner, and need to be on the prowl for a new one. If anyone knows of a good, free file hosting site that might partner with us, feel free to email me directly about it.

Finally, if you have any files on a personal account on FileFront, now is the time to start getting them off of there. There will be no way to access these files come Monday.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
WAT!

Damn, this sucks a lot Filefront was the bestest ever mirror for me, giving me my full 180kb/s download speed! This was the highest I could ever get!

No words can express the sadness and surprise I am experiencing. :(

/Goes to collect his DM-Fractal for UT3 archive and the WipEout PurE DLC packs for Japan. :/

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Awwwwhh crud! :(

I guess this means i'll have to deal with.. *shudders* FilePlanet more often in the future now, ugh :doh:

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Awww :(

Filefront was always the first place i would go to download or upload files. What a shame.

UnixPimp

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
This proves once again that nothing in life is for free.

Either pay up for a service like File Planet, or dump the PC and come over to the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.