More UT3 than UT99 players online atm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Yay, at last UT3 is --presumably, temporarily & slightly-- more popular than its 10 year old ancestor! :)

dethmanrulz

Feb 10, 2008
yeah wow... it's really moved up! Just checked the stats... it's number 11!!!

almost unheard of for an almost dead game to do this....:):eek:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Looking at the Steam stats it shows 2,600 playing UT3 with it topping out at a little over 4,000 today. Probably not everyone is playing multiplayer but not all UT3 owners are on Steam either. I think a couple weeks ago it would top out around 300-400.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Doesn't UT3 count bots as players now though?

no it doesnt, just the server browser is confused.

Looking at the Steam stats it shows 2,600 playing UT3 with it topping out at a little over 4,000 today. Probably not everyone is playing multiplayer but not all UT3 owners are on Steam either. I think a couple weeks ago it would top out around 300-400.

yeah it was in the 3000+ range yesterday, 4000+ today, would be nice to see that continue. my CTF server was full alot of the afternoon and i had players asking me to LOWER the player count! :)

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
...i had players asking me to LOWER the player count! :)

I'd ask* that a lot of other admins too. ;)

*) Correction: I'd beg them on my knees to lower the playercounts per server to keep the overall UT3-playercount up. So that the lulzor-spamming-titan-rampages are a little reduced. Because they get old really fast and could drive players away.

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
Epic should rerelease this game on retail, like they did with ut99, and ut2004 as game of the year edition or something. with a new cover, and new advertising, and with a nice tag of $20.. There is a lot of people who don't use steam. outside of steam there was no pay advertising in major game sites like gamespot, IGN, etc.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Epic should rerelease this game on retail, like they did with ut99, and ut2004 as game of the year edition or something. with a new cover, and new advertising, and with a nice tag of $20.. There is a lot of people who don't use steam. outside of steam there was no pay advertising in major game sites like gamespot, IGN, etc.

Agreed - I wonder if they are waiting to do an ECE style release later this year like "UT3: Black Gold Xtreme Edition" or something with content added from the MSUC and next patch, now thatd be a great idea! ;)

btw GameSpy now shows almost 3k players online for UT3 and Steam has over 4000+ playing now... and thatsa good thing :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Won't happen as long as Epic doesn't find another publisher.

UT3's publisher ATM: Steam.

And probably to stay for further releases in the future.
From my point of view Steam is even more accurate than Midway ever was with them.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Agreed - I wonder if they are waiting to do an ECE style release later this year like "UT3: Black Gold Xtreme Edition" or something with content added from the MSUC and next patch, now thatd be a great idea! ;)

btw GameSpy now shows almost 3k players online for UT3 and Steam has over 4000+ playing now... and thatsa good thing :)

I assume the 1000 difference between the two are the players that play "offline" so to speak? Interesting :)

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
The promised land has been found! UT3 has became the game it always should have been and surpassed all that have come before it! Now excuse me I'm gonna get drunk and fire 'Deemers randomly off the tower in Torlan.

And what the Hell is with the anal people saying "it wasn't called UT99?" in the tags of every forum that mentions UT99?

Last edited: