UT3DOM *THREAD V2* - Development Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Hey everyone. Been a long time I posted in the UT3 forum. :p

Just thought I'd let everyone know that UT3DOM is still active. We will be making UT3DOM v2.5, and after that, a Bonus Pack, and two mappacks (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2).

Here is the (hopefully) official changelist (as of Alpha 1C UT3DOM Manual), covering from v1.6 to v2.5:

Changes from version 2 to 2.5

• Fixed any "UT3Dom" reference left in the mod, manual, and other contents bundled. It now displays as "UT3DOM".
  • Added compatiblity for the upcoming UT3DOM Bonus Pack.
  • UT3DOM V2.5 will require Patch v2.0 and the Titan Pakage as the main requirement before installing.
  • A new version of UTMultiTeam will be used with UT3DOM. All the fixes of UTMutiTeam v0.1 Alpha will be bundled with the next version of UTMultiTeam.
  • Continuing with the change above, UTMultiTeam has officialy split from being formerly merged within the UT3DOM code. UT3DOM now runs with the UTMultiTeam code externally, not inbedded internally. This will allow other mods that use UTMultiTeam to not have UT3DOM dependicies with the UTMultiTeam mod.
  • The gametype list has been shortened for UTMultiTeam and UT3DOM. UTMultiTeam has 1 gametype showing in the gametypes menu, and that is "Classic Team Deathmatch". From there-on-end, you can select the number of teams required for your match. For UT3DOM, it follows the exact same as UTMultiTeam, but the vehicular gametypes have been merged into their non-vehicular counterparts, and to enable vechicles, you have to check the "Vehicluar Match" option for yes, or unchecked for non-vehicular matches. When you make this chage, the vechicluar gametype changes are made automaticially.
  • The UT3DOM installer has been fixed to work with UT3 versions 2.0 and higher.
  • The 3-4 team scoreboard glitch has been fixed for both UTMultiTeam and UT3DOM.
  • The UT3DOM Help file has been revamped enitrely, and is now considered a "manual" for UT3DOM.
  • Added new maps.

Changes from version 1.8.1 to 2

• Fixed issue with Map Voting not working.
  • Fixed issue for PS3 Servers not showing up.
  • Corrected ControlPoint Event kismet comment. This event in fact does work online.
  • Fixed "New Round In" message being played after touching a Control Point in Double Domination games.
  • Added xMonitors, (found in the DOM_Monitors.upk package) in the form of Prefabs, already with the kismet setup. Or kismet sequences that can be imported in to map authors levels.
  • Added in game settings for all Domination based gametypes for both Instant Action and Host Multiplayer game. Use the mod switch "UT3.exe -mod=Config\UTDom"
  • Moved the UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo sections from UTDom.ini to UTGame.ini and delete the UTDom.ini file.
  • Includes the full UTMultiTeam mod.
  • Added new maps.

Changes from version 1.8 to 1.8.1

• Fixed issue when playing on a server the Control Point staticmesh would delay from the time a player captures it to when it becomes the mesh for the new controlling team.
  • Added better Map author support for Cooking their maps by releasing the Unpublished mod packages.
  • Corrected some info in the UTDomHelp.htm file.

Changes from version 1.6 to 1.8

• - 0000017: [Gameplay] Map change failing in instant action
  • - 0000018: [Gameplay] Map list is blank
  • Fixed issue with one player from each team getting points other teammates should be getting. The mod now correctly gives the points to the right players.
  • Fixed issue with at changing to the next map it would allways go to CDOM-Contrast.
  • Fixed issue when trying to join a server, you either receive a error, get kicked back to the main menu, or the game crashes. This was because of the UTMT_Content file and this file has been removed from the mod.
  • Fixed issue with Bots not being able to capture control points.
  • Fixed issue with the MapList Struct not working correctly.
  • Fixed issue with Map authors not being able to cook their maps.
  • Moved the config settings from UTDom.ini to UTGame.ini

If you wish to look at the official Alpha readme of UT3DOM, you'll have to vow to never tell it to a soul, unless I give the OK to do so...or, just join my UT3DOM Fan Club and the link is already posted there.

For those who are wondering where to downlaod V2.0, the download link is here:

UT3DOM 2.0 Windows Installer (Kinda ****ed up on UT3 v2.0 and newer, NOT RECOMMENDED)
UT3DOM 2.0 Zip Manual/Server Install
UT3DOM 2.0 Source Code
UT3DOM PS3 v1.0 (NOT RECOMMENDED, PS3 hangs with bots in play)

Enjoy. :p :D

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I assume you know about the patch breaking the scoreboard? :)

I do idd, I have just forgotten to write it in the changelog. xD Was tired last night when I wrote this :(

Edit1: That is a UTMultiTeam issue iirc, and a new version of UTMultiTeam will be included with UT3DOM. Currently v2.0 and older use Alpha v0.1 with a helluva lot of upgrades form the UT3DOM code, however, those updates from UT3DOM and from Catalyst, Snake.PLiSKiN and myself (I only know very little coding, but I'm a natural at clear directions *and* directing them smoothly :p). UT3DOM v2.5 will include UTMultiTeam Alpha v0.2, so this issue won't exist anymore this UT3 Patch v2.0. :)

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
The scoreboard is broken, lovely.

I know...happened even in the original leaked UT3 Patch v2.0 Beta 1. :(

@everyone

No worries though, it <quote> *WILL* </unqoute> be fixed in V2.5. And that means UTMultiTeam is gettting upgraded with the help of me, Snake.PLiSKiN, and Catalyst, the author of the mod. :)

Whenever we get it fixed, I'll post a screenshot when it's fixed, looking before and after (with UT3DOM v2.0 and V2.5 :p ), but that date is unknown yet...it'll happen soon though. :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Glad to know. Before the patch, it was about the only thing I started UT3 for. :p

And this will be the only thing you'll be playing probably once V2.5 comes out. If it all comes to plan, there should be 22 levels in total. ;) :)

I'll list them out now:

• DOM-Contrast - Sander "ZixXer" Vereecken
  • DOM-AKI-SE - Marcin 'Nawrot'
  • DOM-Apodos-SE - Marcin 'Nawrot'
  • DOM-Cidom - Samuel 'Ignotium'Mendez
  • DOM-Cinder - Brian 'Snake.PLiSKiN' Alexander
  • DOM-Condemned - Brian 'Snake.PLiSKiN' Alexander
  • DOM-Condemned2 - Brian 'Snake.PLiSKiN' Alexander and Samuel 'Ignotium' Mendez
  • DOM-Ghardhen - Alexander 'aLeX' Rothenberg
  • DOM-Lament - Samuel 'Ignotium' Mendez
  • VDOM-Downtown - Brian 'Snake.PLiSKiN' Alexander and Epic Games
  • DOM-Conduit - UTGangster
  • DDOM-Aswan - *VoM*Xerofighter
  • DOM-Beesting-SE - Adam 'FragTastic' Selfe
  • DOM-CarnageCathedral-SE - Adam 'FragTastic' Selfe
  • CDOM-Deconitra2 - Mitchell "[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX" LeBlanc and Matthew '[BN]-=AV][T=-' Holt
  • DOM-Morpheus - Matthew '[BN]-=AV][T=-' Holt
  • DOM-Olden - John 'WoLvErInE' Lowe
  • DOM/VDOM-Morbias - Matthew '[BN]-=AV][T=-' Holt and Jeff '[BN]-=OUCH=-' Holt (I'm leaning towards this being a VDOM map)
  • DOM-DoomE1M1 - sneh
  • DOM-Babylon - Mick 'Lord_PorkSword'
  • DOM-Sesmar - John 'WoLvErInE' Lowe
  • DOM-Gearbolt - Brian 'Snake.PLiSKiN' Alexander

Also, expect UT3DOM v2.5 to be at least 1 GB in size...it'll be a bloody miracle if it'll be under that. ^^ :(

Edit1 The maps that are in blue text are original from v1.6, The maps that are in red text are maps released in either 1.6 and/or 2.0 and older that are going to be updated in V2.5, The maps that are in orange text are maps released in v2.0 and The maps that are in green text are maps released in v2.5

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
VDOM-Morbias? Wow, I want to see how this looks, especially with Titans :D
Any plans to release a code-only version of this, and let people download only the maps they want?

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Any plans to release a code-only version of this, and let people download only the maps they want?

Yes. :) Within the setup, you are allowed to install the source code (uncooked versions), the code (cooked), the maps, and UTMultiTeam, all as seperate options. :)

Edit1: Question to all of you BuFers....due to the amount of maps included in V2.5 (22), shall I make an option in the setup for each and every map, certain map bundles, maps from v1.6, 2.0 and/or 3.5 their own options...random mix...? :confused: I want your opinion...say it before it's too late! ;) :D

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to clarify about UT3DOM users with v1.0 of the PS3 about bot related issues with the PS3 and the hanging caused from it. This is taken directly from the Alpha 1C version of the manual:

HELP!! UT3DOM for PS3 hangs when I start a match!

You have UT3DOM PS3 v1.0. It uses the UT3DOM PC v1.6 codebase, and it shows a bug with 9/10 of PS3 consoles (except special NTSC U/C versions of the console) that if bots are icnluded with a match that you are about to play, you are free to browse the level, but when the level actually begins, the Announcer will say "Play!" and your console with hang, resulting in a hard shut-off boot in the end. This was caused by two reasons: The latest version fo UT3DOm that ran sucessfully on every PS3 console that we have tested during the initial UT3DOM development during the 1st half of 2008, that the RC 2.1 version of UT3DOM ran sucessfully without the PS3 itself hanging when the match has started, but once we tested the Pre-Final version around May 10th, 2008, we noticed that it wouldn't work at all. We came up with a short fix just before release (June 8th, 2008), that made it work on RoninMastaFX's PS3 console, but due to that he has a special NTSC U/C PS3 console with more RAM, it can bypass the glitch fine, but we soon found out that on 9/10 of other's PS3 consoles had a freezing problem that RoninMastaFX ddin't encounter. This was caused by a RAM issue (UT3DOM was using large memory, which was fixed in UT3DOM PC v2.0) that was in the v1.6 codebase, and there was an error in the mod itself on the UTMultiTeam mod conflicting with UT3DOM with PS3 consoles, resulting in a massive amounts of RAM easten up within a few milliseconds, which in turn most PlayStation 3's cannot handle due to their 256 MB RAM limit, however, PS3 consoles that have 512 MB of RAM or more had no problems, other than it would hang for two seconds, then it would work again. The only way to fix this issue is to uninstall UT3DOM PS3 v1.0, then install UTMultiTeam v0.2 Alpha on your PS3, then UT3DOM PS3 v1.1. UT3DOM PS3 v1.1 uses the UT3DOM v2.5 codebase and it's levels, so not only will you be able to play with bots on levels with UT3DOM, but more levels will be included, as well as support for the upcoming UT3DOM Bonus Pack. Please keep in mind that you will need UT3 PS3 Patch 2.0 and the PlayStation 3 v2.6.0 firmware update in order for UT3 PS3 v1.1 not to hang when starting a match with bots.

P.S. Forgive the typos, the manual still needs to be fixed of them. :(

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Within the setup?! You mean, I'll have to download a few GB of data I won't install?!

Good point! I'll make a version of setup that doesn't include the maps then. :p :) Sound cool? :p

@Everyone

Also, I need feedback on what people think about the customizability of the setup, whether it's a "yay" or a "nay". Imho, a customizable setup should be a good thing...but if that's the case, I'll have to make version with the map and one without. :) But tbh, if the installation is going to be 1 GB or more, then I'll have to think of other alternatives for installation. :) And this might be one of them. :)

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
customizable setup of what? control points?

Put more than 3 points in a map and let people pick which ones and how many they want?

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
customizable setup of what? control points?

Put more than 3 points in a map and let people pick which ones and how many they want?

I meant customizable installer for choosing what content that they want. :shy: It was a suggestion that GreatEmerald made, and I'm thinking that it might occur, due to the massive file size that UT3DOM v2.5 will have. ;) :)

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
installing anything less than everything will mean you'll have to download it to play on a server anyway.

BTW send some of your mappers over to jailbreak when you're done. We really need more :p

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yea, I guess you can create two installers - one full which has all the maps, and another small, that has no maps, and add individual links to maps to the release thread.

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
Man Ya'll should consider making some ut3 maps into dom:

Like:
dm-gateways
dm-sanctuary
dm-heatray
dm-deimos
dm-eden, inc.

These maps don't work for tdm for one reason or another. however, they are mostly used for DM only. but I'm sure they will be great for Domination :eek:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Wow, went to sleep early and found lots of posts. Time to start up the old chain and start lifting up the rug and revealing the answers. :p :)

installing anything less than everything will mean you'll have to download it to play on a server anyway.

BTW send some of your mappers over to jailbreak when you're done. We really need more :p

I will mention it to them, but you gotta get some of your guys to make maps for whether the Bonus Pack and/or one (or both) of the mappacks. :D

Also, for the maps part of a different setup, read Great Emerald's post and my answer below. ;) :)

Yea, I guess you can create two installers - one full which has all the maps, and another small, that has no maps, and add individual links to maps to the release thread.

Will do. ;) :) I'll create an installer and a ZIP/EXE version on the maps, for Server and Windows installer.

I dunno if this would be useless, but for mac users, create a setup for them too, if the Darwin/Mac version of UT3 comes soon, and when it does, I'll try and get someone to create a UT3DOM Mac/Darwin installer. :p :)

Man Ya'll should consider making some ut3 maps into dom:

Like:
dm-gateways
dm-sanctuary
dm-heatray
dm-deimos
dm-eden, inc.

These maps don't work for tdm for one reason or another. however, they are mostly used for DM only. but I'm sure they will be great for Domination :eek:

There is always room for the two mappacks. 22 maps for a mod is quite bit, and I originally only wanted 20, but my friend [BN]-=AV][T=- wanted his two maps in badly, so I upped it to 22. ;) :)

I might work on a couple of conversions myself for the mappack, but no promises (...yet! ;) )

@Everyone

Well, it seems that everyone wants to two piece and single piece setup (well, GE (GreatEmerald) does, so for him and everyone else, I'll make 2 versions of the setup: 1 with maps included, and 1 with maps separate.

However, might I add, I'll add a setup guide on how to do it for those who have 56k and what not and would prefer this, but other than what's included in the manual, I'll give no support for how to install it...I would be asked every single hour (sarcastically :p ) on how come maps aren't included in that version. However, I'll tell them what they can do to resolve it, but any other issues, you'll have no support, unless it's rally serious(for the combined installer, support will be followed).

But don't be worried about the non-support, I *MAY* change it during v2.5 release, but until then, no support until further notice for the two-piece setup! :)

[B]P.S.[/B] I'll make a guide about it one day that'll (hopefully) answer a lot of your questions, which will be bundled into the manual and our website(once it's fixed... =/ :( )