BioShock 2: Now With... Big Sisters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I'm sure we all loved BioShock's Big Daddies (...right?) so what happens when we mix them with the fairer sex? Besides all sorts of horrible imagery, we get Big Sisters of course!

According to the information from these sources, the Big Sister will be an "Amazonian version" of the Big Daddy, donning "sleek" and "svelter" gear. Backing up this rumor is a small tidbit that appeared on the recently launched BioShock 2 teaser site. The site featured a fictional news story of a kidnapped girl, and the description of the attacker seemed to echo that of a Big Daddy -- except for a few key distinctions. The story says the attacker had "incredible speed," and that this person was "thin, above average height, and wore some kind of 'red light.'" Incredibly fast, thin, and above average height... does that sound like an average Big Daddy to you?

UPDATE: (11:00 PM) Game Informer has revealed the first picture of the Big Sister.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Here is the real Big Daddy (uk wrestler) :

dorazio14.jpg

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Just a shot in the dark but what if the original 'little sisters' next phase is the Big sister...sounds cheesy from the names but as a concept seems interesting. Only thing to ask is that, in Bioshock the Big Daddy was the protector of the little sister... what would the Big Sister be protecting?

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
Maybe their not protecting anything and only seek to destroy. Maybe they kidnapped multiple peoples and are preventing you from saving them throughout the numerous levels. I wonder if the "big sisters" will be more frantic, crazy, and violent than the big daddy's.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Just a shot in the dark but what if the original 'little sisters' next phase is the Big sister...sounds cheesy from the names but as a concept seems interesting. Only thing to ask is that, in Bioshock the Big Daddy was the protector of the little sister... what would the Big Sister be protecting?

Little Daddies, obviously.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
[screenshot]http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/BBD90755-D289-429A-9B4C-A4322FB44313/17881/gi_bioshock2.jpg[/screenshot]

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
I swear they were saying months ago that Bioshock 2 would be a Prequel. Did that change? Apparently it did. Either way, I don't mind.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
[screenshot]http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/BBD90755-D289-429A-9B4C-A4322FB44313/17881/gi_bioshock2.jpg[/screenshot]

As a concept, this doesn't work for me. Big Daddies are supposed to be tanks in a clunky diving suit. You can't take half a quarter ton of metal and put it on a thin female form; it doesn't make any goddamn sense. Obviously she's not going to be swimming around in the deep ocean in that, so why keep the air tank and diving helmet at all?

I like the idea of having a female-gendered "high threat" baddie in Bioshock, but this is kinda stupid.

Destructive-Fly

Jul 30, 2004
As a concept, this doesn't work for me. Big Daddies are supposed to be tanks in a clunky diving suit. You can't take half a quarter ton of metal and put it on a thin female form; it doesn't make any goddamn sense. Obviously she's not going to be swimming around in the deep ocean in that, so why keep the air tank and diving helmet at all?

I like the idea of having a female-gendered "high threat" baddie in Bioshock, but this is kinda stupid.

Not swimming around? Obviously you haven't seen the hype-site (Something In The Sea).

OT: This looks awesome. We thought fighting a big daddy was hard, now we'll have to fight something similar that moves extremely fast :eek:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
OT: This looks awesome. We thought fighting a big daddy was hard.

Depends from which perspective.

Die Respawn Die Respawn Die Respawn Die Respawn

Or,

Spam it with every trap/Armor Piercing bullets you have, and make it out without respawning.