Who Watches the Watchmen?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Apparently Snyder has already been talking about the DVD release and its going to push the movie beyond the 3 hour mark.

Our friends over at Collider are currently reporting that Zach Snyder has announced that the DVD release of Watchmen will feature two versions of the film – an expanded edition running three hours and ten minutes and an expanded expanded edition including the Black Freighter material that'll run roughly fifteen minutes longer. No word yet on exactly what the added material will entail or whether the theatrical cut will be included on the disc as well.

Source from IGN

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Apparently Snyder has already been talking about the DVD release and its going to push the movie beyond the 3 hour mark.

Yeah, here's the Tales of the Black Freighter trailer. It will be released on March 24 on dvd, then also interwoven with the film when the Director's cut comes out.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
I can't wait to see this movie... some blogger who saw a preview screening said the entire movie was ****ing awesome. For those worried that it might suck.

edit - Wil Wheaton was the blogger.

edit - BU censors the link.. replace appropriate *s

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
Yeah, here's the Tales of the Black Freighter trailer. It will be released on March 24 on dvd, then also interwoven with the film when the Director's cut comes out.

that's pretty cool! although, I couldn't see clearly too much and am left wondering who the studio is that handles this project.

pleasenoanime pleasenoanime pleasenoanime pleasenoanime

That "Gone Too Soft" clip is great. very important.

"Daniel...You are a good friend."
I'm glad that moment is in this film.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
DAMNIT. So you know how they pass out a bajillion free passes to see advance screenings of movies? It's always a first come, first serve thing. So I get one (YAY) and I know it's gonna be packed, so I get there an hour and fifteen minutes early. I walk in the door and the ushers are turning everyone away as it's already full. Blast, foiled.

~Jason

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Ive had my eye on this one for awhile now.I think it will have plenty of cheese in it but I will rent it for the special effects alone.Very few movies are worth the theater cost.

I think the director or producer from 300 helped with this one.His first attempt at this kind of filmwork was Sin City (tanked I think) which I couldn't make it through.300 was phenomenal though so there's another reason why I must at least give it a chance.

Last edited:
Ive had my eye on this one for awhile now.I think it will have plenty of cheese in it but I will rent it for the special effects alone.Very few movies are worth the theater cost.

I think the director or producer from 300 made helped with this one.His first attempt at this kind of filmwork was Sin City (tanked I think) which I couldn't make it through.300 was phenomenal though so theres another reason why I must at least give it a chance.

Watchman directed by Zack Snyder, who directed 300. 300 and Sin City were both comics written by Frank Miller, who directed The Spirit.

It gets confusing :)

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Sooooo yeah the movie is out.

The title sequence (after the first scene) is ****ing incredible. The first three quarters of the movie are excellent. The end is meh. The final final end is perfectly done.

Overall I enjoyed it. Rorschach was perfect, Dr. Manhattan was very well done as well. The Silk Specter was fracking stupid and Veidt was not that much better.

So yeah, better than what I expected and probably the best Alan Moore adaptation to date.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Holy crap at that end.
3 parts that made me go :con:/:eek::

1) during the intro, when the hippie-girl gets shot after placing the flower in the Ar's cannon. That's just... the most disturbing execution I have ever seen in a movie. I had to back it up and watch it again.

2) The fat guy in jail, hell, why not saw the cell THEN get his arm off? No way!!

3) Obviously when Jon juice Rorsch.

Surprisingly Malin Akerman is probably the first woman I found very attractive using that haircut.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Watched it yesterday and i loved it. Sure a lot of material was left out that should have been left in. But the people with me who hadnt read the novel didnt seem to enjoy it as much as i did. They said that all throughout the dirt they were really confused. Also they didnt understand the characters. What they did enjoy were the fight scenes and the violent stuff in there. But i loved it so i guess thats all that matters. Looking forward to the extended edition.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I still haven't read the Watchmen GN just yet, but it is on my night stand. I did not have a problem keeping up with events as portrayed in the movie. Manhattan was done well, but Rorschach was awesome, especially in that jail cell scene. To say that Malin Akerman is hot in this flick is an understatement.

This movie will definitely be a welcome addition to my blu-ray collection.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Amazing movie, the little boy in me squirmed at the
well endowed doctor manhattan - you would think that by 20 it wouldnt bother me to see that :(
, but everything else was super (pun?). I feel it would have been better if I had background with the novel, but it was just one of those things I never heard about at the time... or ever until now.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Holy crap at that end.
3 parts that made me go :con:/:eek::

1) during the intro, when the hippie-girl gets shot after placing the flower in the Ar's cannon. That's just... the most disturbing execution I have ever seen in a movie. I had to back it up and watch it again.

2) The fat guy in jail, hell, why not saw the cell THEN get his arm off? No way!!

3) Obviously when Jon juice Rorsch.

1) That really happened. It's at was at Kent State in Ohio. The national guard killed a bunch of students. You can read all about it here.

Last edited: