World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Far more than 1% of people get to see end game these days though, Dopefish's ideas are in stark contrast to the current philosophies of blizzard as far as i can see. I can't see any vacuums in the story unless you think the story can't progress at all.

This was my point.

Also, Shadow all that stuff Dopefish was saying was just ideas of his.

The game is a different beast now but all in all it's a far finer thing.

It is a shame that old instances get set by the wayside... but they are still there and there's nothing stopping you from dropping by. As it is though the game couldn't have continued in any other way than it did, you can only run the same old isntances so many times before they become a chore and they did become a chore. it's easy to get nostalgic now but if they hadn't expanded the two times they have so far most people who get upset about the old instances probably would've stopped playing long ago. I kinda find all the newer instances to be getting more and more interesting as they get added. So few are simply tank and spank.

Organsiing a bunch of like minded friends/guildees to reroll with you to do a world tour of old instances is not out of the question.

Duels still go on i find, the people who do so are pretty elitist though and i personally tend to avoid them. Nothing quite as irritating as being stalked by a PvP spec'd warrior calling me lame when i'm an Affliction spec'd Warlock, the most complex PVE dps spec in the game, without an ounce of resilience. My place is very firmly in alrge battlegrounds launching Seed of Corruption into concentrations of the enemy.

I am starting to hope that they'll think of somethng to make running the old stuff viable again. More of the [bind to Account" items would make some sense. Some more items like +% exp for leveling, .. or +damage % while leveling (nullifying the effect once you hit the current max level.)...

Ultra rare items that can only be looted by higher level players who are helping you grind out instances maybe?

Just a few random ideas, to allow ppl to see the entire game as they come in new, and wonder why they don't see a dungeon til level 75+. It is annoying, even too a 2 years+ player like me to level an Alt knowing how many Quests, dungeons and groups quests I have to skip simply because no one is around, or willing to take time to help.

As far as the balancing act is going, it's laughable on the whole so far,.. BUT I'll give them this much,.. on my Warrior, it definitly seems they are closing in on THREE SET TALENT BUILDS.

1. PVE Damage dealing - Fury
2. PVE "Traditional Role" - Protection
3. PVP Balanced - Arms*

* Arms is horrible and downright unplayable atm, but I see what they're trying for. And yes I do know wtf I'm doing, but the burst damage simply isn't there without the gear to scale up to where other classes damage is with Talents alone. Add to this the fact that they put ALL the tactical advantages into the Fury Tree and gave Arms only predictable, nerfed abilities, and yeah Arms is pointless.

I humiliate people in pvp as Protection spec though,.. I really don't think this "Captain America" thing is what Blizzard intended, but eh, I'm not arguing. Saves me on respecs.

Eagerly awaiting Dual spec though. Fury through my Dailies, and Tank at night? Sign me the hell up.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Far more than 1% of people get to see end game these days though, Dopefish's ideas are in stark contrast to the current philosophies of blizzard as far as i can see. I can't see any vacuums in the story unless you think the story can't progress at all.

Well, we know where it CAN progress, but a vacuum would exist in the Lich King storyline if he was able to be killed. In other words, "Yay, he's dead. Now what?" They're just going to end it? And that'll be the last you'll hear about it?

That's my theory, anyway. Since we're playing out the story in a franchise that's been going for years, I expect Blizzard to use what happens on each realm and utilize it dynamically.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I still have just 1 epic flyer, 1 flyer, and 1 regular mount. I have 2 epic ground mounts because I won the Great Brewfest Kodo from the Brewfest event, and all other mounts besides that can die.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
For the entire rest of the time before BC Warlocks were THE free honor kill.

I hope you arent serious man... The only time Warlocks were free HK's before BC was when they did'nt have Death Coil. When Blizzard made the patch that gave Locks Death Coil they were OP till WOTLK.

You must have been doing something wrong if you think locks sucked Pre BC. They were the most cried about class until Death Knights went Live.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
don't buy anything on the auction house

that's not entirely accurate.

edit: decided to elaborate since Shadow just displayed the same sort of confusion.

The auction house is a great tool for making money if you are aware of and keep track of the state of your server's economy. You can learn how to "play" the WoW auction house just like people play the stock market IRL.

The gist of the strategy is to buy low and sell high.
By the time I quit the game this really only worked well with "mats"; materials needed by professions that allow you to craft items.
I made sooooooooooo much extra gold by trading mats like commodities. Since I was a blacksmith I took up mining and specialized in trading raw ore or smelted bars. If you were knowledgeable of the going-rate for this stuff you could earn a lot of cash by buying up bulk and reselling it individually after injecting your own, purposely overpiced bulk. Or you could buy individually and sell in bulk after injecting intentionally overpriced individuals.

if this was real life I'd be a mini Bernard Madoff. easily made over 20k gold in my career from my manipulation of trade prices alone.

edit 2: ok yeah Tool is right. just don't ever buy GEAR from the auction house and you're good.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
that's not entirely accurate.

Okay you can buy mats and **** but dont buy any gear. you're wasting your gold.

Honestly when you are leveling up for the first time, you should make it a point to never ever touch the auction house.

I did that for my priest and it was the best thing ever. Not only do you honestly never need to touch it but I got by just fine and saved thousands of gold.

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
The AH is a big part of the game. I think its better new players learn about it and how it works as soon as possible. Because end game you'll be using it a lot. And buying low lever gear from the AH isnt really a waste if you need it. As long as the price is what its supposto be at, and not like 50+ gold for some crap green then its all good. However most of those items you see in the AH you'll find like crazy once you start to do Deadmines or RFC.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
The point is, you won't need it. Just use quest greens and dungeon blues. You're going to level pretty quick through most of the content. By the time you hit Northrend, you should be able to get all the gear you need from running dungeons or group quests.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Then they must of increased the XP rate by a lot.

Yes, you get more XP and you need less to level.

It's even better if you do the Refer a Friend program with someone. You get three times the XP from quests and mob kills (provided the friend you referred or referred you is nearby when you kill them or turn in quests).