UT3, the day after Titan Pack speculations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think will happen with UT3's popularity after the patch?

• Total voters

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
hey It's not my fault they didn't read that! Punching holes in the fabric of space time! Shame on them!

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
My Steam UT3 is getting no such patch :(
It turned out to be because of the beta switch. The version is teh final one, but its only supposed to be available to server admins at the moment. Probably so they can get their servers updated before people actually start playing.

Sorry for the false alarm. :p But only the PS3 version is delayed, everyone will be playing it very soon. :)

Miker

Master Mullet
It turned out to be because of the beta switch. The version is teh final one, but its only supposed to be available to server admins at the moment. Probably so they can get their servers updated before people actually start playing.

Sorry for the false alarm. :p But only the PS3 version is delayed, everyone will be playing it very soon. :)

NOES :'( I came back straight from work instead of stopping by at the library as I usually do so I could try out the patch, poot.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Think of it this way- If you played it now you probably wouldn't see any/many servers with the latest version (I didn't bother to check)

C4ASESINO

Mar 2, 2009
the problem of the ut3 was the ut2k4 players, with its bad publicity. with the expancion the new players will be satisfied and those of same ut2k4 .I. so the players will ascend a little and already. other pirºvos car3 ch/mb@s

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
If it's not out of line for me to say this, Betrayal is way more fun than it probably sounds at first glance. To be clear: It is not a true team game- it uses the deathmatch scoreboard, and only one person is the winner. You are basically just grouped with 2-3 other people at a time and you just let them live until the time is right. Bots are actually really good at this. I just wanted to come out and say this because I think a lot of people are under the impression that this mode can't be competitive- on the contrary, it feels very competitive, there's an interesting bit of strategy. Mods, feel free to delete this if it's not OK. I'm not sure but I want to assure people this is a good thing. :p

Shlomo

Jul 24, 2008
Can somebody define "online community thriving" for me?

Like.. TF2/COD4 thriving.. uh no...
Like.. UT99 thriving? not likely
Like.. UT2k4 thriving? Maybe... probably not
Like.. BF2/2142 Thriving? Nope
Like.. UT2k3 Thriving? Most likely

We'll see, Steam promo deals always seem to bolster game sales tremendously. Just look at what it did to L4D....

Last edited:

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
I'm not sure what I'd personally call thriving, but seeing the number of players I saw online today made me really optimistic about UT3. I only hope that the majority of them are here for the long term.