UT3, the day after Titan Pack speculations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think will happen with UT3's popularity after the patch?

• Total voters

pan1978108

Apr 1, 2008
UT3 is a old game? after Q4 and ETQW, Quake is dead, after UT3 , UT will dead too?

Last edited:

MuLuNGuS

Apr 14, 2005
i made a very optimistic decision and choosed #1

with a new retail version "Unreal Tournament 3 Titan-Pack Edition" and some good advertising there will be some new players.

UT3 needs more noobs!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Didn't Epic confirm that there won't be a new retail package too? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Steam weekend sale instead.

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
UT3 needs more noobs!

*raises hand* yes we do,but the "competative" community from UT2004 have already traveled to UT3 as well and pretty much,they won't welcome noobs like me with opened arms (or legs,depending on how ****ed up in the head they are)

EDIT:Yes my sentence structure is horrible.So sue me *HINT:Repeatedly Press B to call Jack Thompson to sue B0n30fF3@r*

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yes, it will change things - for those who play the game and those who are about to start.

I doubt even Epic are under the illusion that it will "bring people back" to the game. (Which is a bit of a silly way to look at this anyhow, as people who just don't like the game - just don't like the game [dur]. It'd be stupid trying to cater to the people who plain don't like the game at all. They'd have to make a totally different game to please those peeps)

UT3 is what it is, like it or don't - but this patch will hopefully make it more fun for those of us who are playing.

(and TWD the day people [me included] stop whining is the day the earth is no more, so I wouldn't hold your breath.)

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
*raises hand* yes we do,but the "competative" community from UT2004 have already traveled to UT3 as well and pretty much,they won't welcome noobs like me with opened arms (or legs,depending on how ****ed up in the head they are)
wat, 2k4 comp community was pretty nice, it's the UT1 community that are the horrible ones overall.
UT3 is a old game? after Q4 and ETQW, Quake is dead, after UT3 , UT will dead too?

http://www.quakelive.com/

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Voted #2.

And I've also been in the closed beta for quake live for months now. Even after having my run of the original quake 3, I still play Quake Live more than I ever did UT3. Also there's always tons of games to join before it even went open. (with actual players).

In my opinion quake is a perfect example of what happened to the UT series.
Games were awesome up to q3, then q4 came out with updated graphics and dummied down gameplay which almost killed the series entirely.

Like I said, it's amazing how many people actively play quakelive (beta or not) some 10 years later after the original, yet wont touch the game in it's latest incarnation (q4).

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm sure price of Quake Live is a key part of that draw, especially when Quake 3 is still $20 on Steam. Plus the "exclusive club" aspect during the beta.

It is a pretty impressive feat that they were able to pull it off, but let's not forget there's more factors to a game's success beyond how it plays.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I doubt even Epic are under the illusion that it will "bring people back" to the game. (Which is a bit of a silly way to look at this anyhow, as people who just don't like the game - just don't like the game [dur].

It's not quite that simple, when we're talking about this group of people, then we are talking people who do like UT and this kind of gameplay, but who for various reasons do not like UT3 in particular.

I'm one of thouse people, and belive you me, my mind could easilly be changed, all it would take is for them to fix some of the things that are missing or broken from this game (things that past versions of UT had, mainly).

For me its the Instant-Action menu that needs to be fixed to bring me back (sadly this is not happening right now, so i wont be reinstalling yet), others will have different hangups (some of which may be fixed now, and then they will probably start playing again).

The only group you really can't depend on, are the people who want it to be exactly like UT2kX'es gameplay and wont accept anything else, thouse wont be comming back i'd wager, for the rest of us, if enough, or the right things gets fixed, we'll want to play it.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
... someone deleted my thread. is it not actually supposed to be?

The version doesn't say beta, so I figured it was legitimate...

Last edited: