Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I got a new headset coming and I'll be wanting to test it out, so I'll see about getting there.
The headset is 7.1 surround + a mic on a USB plug, and if it works like I hope it will, not only will I no longer be sitting there saying "where's the Boomer?", but it will probably replace my speakers for a while.
It was my understanding that surround sound was supposed to make things more realistic, but for some reason, when it comes to L4D; I can't make out the direction the Special Infected are coming from. :rolleyes:

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
And Jen Taylor is the voice of Zoey as well as Princess Peach!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1071768/

I have a similar problem with locating the special infected via sound. I don't know that my headset supports it but I'm going to try setting it to 5.1 surround this time. I have 5.1 speakers, but they're not set up properly (they're all in front of me).

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
i will be on around midnite or so,if anyone is on we can get a game going.....

I was on after midnight, but you weren't.

I guess if I want to play L4D with you guys I need to know what time you're on... I saw Steel, Boney and TAZ all on yesterday, but none of you were in games I could join... and apparently no one enjoys playing the game unless there's 3 others (of us) playing as well. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I bought Fallout 3 too.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
We don't play together unless there are 4 guys on, that way we don't get some nubcake joining and ruining whatever achievement we're trying to get. We were all doing single player, thats all. Just SAY SOMETHING lurk!

Right now we're in that stupid in between spot. More than 4 of us have it, but 8 of us don't so we can't do versus. I do believe we could probably play versus for hours and not get tired of it.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
That's the same thing I said to Lurk. Don't want to start a game with less the full server b/c some random guy could come in and screw it all up.

I almost got my Safety First yesterday, but "Bill" walked into the fire from one of my Molotav Cocktail's after it was half burned out. :rolleyes: Sometimes I hate the Survivor AI.

I forgot to mention - I was playing the No Mercy campaign and Taz was talking to me, I was down in the sewer portion when I went around a corner and there was a Hunter attacking a crying Witch. We were far enough away that we weren't disturbing the Witch, and since, I guess, the Hunter wasn't targeting a Survivor all the bots held their fire. I watched for about a minute until the Hunter finally killed the Witch, at which point the bots immediately killed the Hunter. The Witch was never "disturbed", and it didn't count on my stats.

Last edited:

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I have seen a hunter jump on a witch before, but I didn't wait around, we killed them both. I've gotten pretty good at taking care of a witch without taking damage. I'm going to try expert again today... if only the tanks didn't have like 8000 health... lol

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Saigon and I pulled an all-nighter last night and I got Akimbo & Unbreakable, and I'm 5 pill bottles away from Pharm-assist.
I'll be on early, Saigon will be on around midnight, and we're prolly going for another all-nighter... anyone else up for it? ;)

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Yeah, I know... I shouldn't be doing it because I know I won't get up til 6 tomorrow, but the wife is out of town and there's nothing to do. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Thanks to Boney, Saigon and a few decent public players; I've picked up 6 more achievements in L4D:
Unbreakable, Akimbo Assassin, Spinal Tap, Crownd, Pharm-assist, and Do Not Disturb!
Only 17 more to go! :rockon:

Saigon Lucipher

Jan 21, 2008
i have tried everything i can think of and....there is no way i can run L4D.It just keeps freezing like 2 minutes into a game but if anyone has any suggestions i am free to listen

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Do other games work?? If it only acts up playing L4D then its most likely not your Hardware. Make sure you have good Air Flow and nothing is overheating, if your GC or CPU gets to hot it could cause problems.