The Best UT3 Players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebo

Jan 29, 2008
0.1% of the people on BU are good. Others should uninstall instead of telling people how to play.

i_hax

member since Jan07... didn't survive
Jan 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hurrah for hitscan whoring.

On topic, I think the reason the DM players always think lowly of the Warfare players is not because of the gametype, but because they think it requires good DM skills.

Case in point:
sos_your_face said:
However, the truly good Warfare players use every one of the dozen vehicles with skill, have mastered the tactics and strategy of managing a 12 man team, and also have good DM skills.

No. No. Not even close. In the World-of-Warfare a 'good' players DM skills may seem good, and they are, compared to the incredibly low skill of all the other players. The vision of "good DM skills" is so incredibly skewed from what skill is it's not funny... You have Warfare skills, and that's all.

It's like me playing a public game so I can win without dying and people think I cheat - it doesn't mean I'm any good in the grand scheme of things, it simply means I'm better than terrible players.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That statement just shows you do not understand how to play warfare.

Turns2Ashes has been playing Onslaught even the day before yo mamma was born. And so he played UT's competitively.

How exactly do you define core gameplay?

Not sure how to make you understand it, but it's pretty much the gameplay itself without vehicles.
The routine.

Last edited:

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I do believe this is the first time dan has been right in his life.

*Waits for "darkpulse is wrong" tag to show up*

nah im right about most things ;]

edit; especially about goo :pPPPPPPPPP

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Tsk Tsk Tsk.. youngsters the lot of you. :rolleyes:

WAR != DM, and vise versa.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in that Tribes1 server over there =>

A_Phat_Old_Phuk

Viper Driver
Feb 4, 2009
Turns2Ashes has been playing Onslaught even the day before yo mamma was born. And so he played UT's competitively.

Not sure how to make you understand it, but it's pretty much the gameplay itself without vehicles.
The routine.

All you guys do is talk, talk, and more talk, it's all BS. You rest on what it was yesterday, but yesterday is long gone. You can play and prove your still competitive or you can just keep talking. I bet you just keep talking.

Here is my xfire, bobbyroberts, add me to your friends. Then join a match I am in and show me your godlike skills. Teach me the error of my ways. Maybe if more people actually played instead of just talking, the community would grow.

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
What do you mean bobbyroberts? match of what? a warfare match? if you've never played warfare before, like myself, then you're going to be lost in the game..I have no idea what warfare is about. I don't even have a key bound to enter vehikals. so if I were join yeah I would not know what to do and you if you won where would be the glory in that?

All that aside. I'm sure you know how to use a shock rifle, and a flak canon. I take you also know jump and dodge, I hope, hehe. so I invite you to come and play some fun tdm with us, after all is simple all you have to do is kill the enemy which you already do in warfare anyways. Only that this time there is no vehikals to save you ;)

What do you say? I'll add you on xfire btw :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
All you guys do is talk, talk, and more talk, it's all BS. You rest on what it was yesterday, but yesterday is long gone. You can play and prove your still competitive or you can just keep talking. I bet you just keep talking.

Here is my xfire, bobbyroberts, add me to your friends. Then join a match I am in and show me your godlike skills. Teach me the error of my ways. Maybe if more people actually played instead of just talking, the community would grow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FOG moved to PC gaming by any chance?

d1Rt

Feb 25, 2009
Heh. Some things never change.

As others have mentioned, this is an old argument. I played competitive ONS since almost the beginning of 2k4. I had the displeasure of getting stomped in ONS by teams like pure, kona, uma, and k1 who had some strong TAM guys. I also had the displeasure of getting stomped by some strong TDM & TAM guys in pubs in 2k4. I played alot of Warfare right when UT3 came out (a few 6v6 matches and pubs) and started messing around recently. I recently played my first PUG at #ut3pugs. While I'm sure I'm not the only one, I guess my point is I feel I have some basis for comparison.

No one can really dispute that TDM/DM ppl, Warfare ppl, VCTF ppl are all the best at their respective gametypes. Generally, and there are exceptions, from my experience in ONS, when a player from a DM-based gametype tried playing ONS on the ladder they would usually, as expected, not do too well in the beginning. Although, it usually wasn't too long before they were top notch. Pure was a good example of this. I can't really say I've ever seen the opposite occur though - an ONS player become a top notch player in a DM-based gametype in a short period of time. While I haven't played enough 6v6 matches in Warfare or pugged enough at #ut3pugs to say for sure that the same would be true of UT3, I'm purdy darn sure it would.

Generally, while the skillsets are different for vehicle and DM-based gametypes, the respective ceiling for DM-based gametypes is higher.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the ut3pugs team will lose the UMG Warfare tourney and I hope it motivates them to play more Warfare.:D

That's just my little ol' opinion.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
.I have no idea what warfare is about. I don't even have a key bound to enter vehikals. so if I were join yeah I would not know what to do and you if you won where would be the glory in that?
:)

I am pretty sure sure I saw you DMing at the floodgate node some weeks back using the nic ut3pugs.com or something like that? I thought that was you, am I wrong?

A_Phat_Old_Phuk

Viper Driver
Feb 4, 2009
What do you mean bobbyroberts? match of what? a warfare match? if you've never played warfare before, like myself, then you're going to be lost in the game..I have no idea what warfare is about. I don't even have a key bound to enter vehikals. so if I were join yeah I would not know what to do and you if you won where would be the glory in that?

All that aside. I'm sure you know how to use a shock rifle, and a flak canon. I take you also know jump and dodge, I hope, hehe. so I invite you to come and play some fun tdm with us, after all is simple all you have to do is kill the enemy which you already do in warfare anyways. Only that this time there is no vehikals to save you ;)

What do you say? I'll add you on xfire btw :)

Add me and I will add you. Well, if your uneasy playing WAR, the whole tire tracks across your back, neck, and thighs thing, I also like TDM (when the teams are not stacked), even though I have not played it for months. I do not have many custom maps beyond what was in the CBP so is there a download or a list of maps so I do not get fragged over and over again while I am down loading?

I am not afraid of getting owned in any game type. Been there done that, it's not like it did not happen for months on end when I first started playing. It is only a game and not real. (Does everyone know that or am I wrong?) Then again, I am not a self proclaimed pro player and have no rep to maintain.

Will I be able to follow you in via xfire? If not I will need to know exactly what to type in the console.

This still leaves the open question of why are all you pro gamers afraid of playing WAR. I cannot believe that none of you ever played it off line or made a special nic and joined a match just to see what happened. After all, like someone said the pros are good at everything or is that everything except warfare.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Generally, while the skillsets are different for vehicle and DM-based gametypes, the respective ceiling for DM-based gametypes is higher.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the ut3pugs team will lose the UMG Warfare tourney and I hope it motivates them to play more Warfare.:D

QFT!

This is exactly what I was trying to get at it in my first post on the thread. Nice post.

I wouldnt count on any of us playing warfare beyond the tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.