UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
Has anyone had any problems with getting there keys to work with the patch ? menu's all seem great, but when I try to join a game, I get no response from any keys, not even the "F" keys, with the exception of the F12 Key so I can type suicide, but can't respawn. throughout the menu system, mouse and all keys were fine, try to join or join and once the map appears, nothing...

thanks for any suggestions (besides saying "should have waited for official release")

Received the following advice and it worked !

If that's the same issue i had, delete UTInput.ini from /My Docs/My
Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config. Restart the game so it
recreates the file.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Yes. The ammo amount changes are real, but as far as we can tell no weapon rebalancing has taken place. Perhaps SpideyUT2k7 had some sort of mutator enabled and forgot about it.

And again, for those of you panicking about decreased ammo pickup amounts, remember that when the weapon respawns for you, you will be able to pick it back up and gain an amount of ammo equal to the weapon itself. So if you pick up another Stinger, you get 100 ammo for it.

And, of course, this changes the whole face of Warfare and VCTF. Now that you'll actually be able to have AVRiLs in most maps, Manta guys are going to have to watch their butts a lot more. :p

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
All those weapon tweaks talked about earlier are false, by the way.

Well fight me whenever u want and will see if the damage is fake! ;)

And ok, no problem! if no one believe me LOL, i was playing with the beta patch installed and, i sense differences in the game that i was never be able to saw before with the other patches, maybe because it was an early patch, ( to be honest a friend of mine send me in the game a message with the link to download it before was public ) i dont know if the new beta have other things that i didnt notice before, my bad if im wrong im just trying to share my experiences with this changes, i hope really all the new stuff bring the most aproaching thing that we all want, balanced and great gameplay, period.

Last edited:

Maximus2003

Mar 25, 2003
South Africa
Has anyone had any problems with getting there keys to work with the patch ? menu's all seem great, but when I try to join a game, I get no response from any keys, not even the "F" keys, with the exception of the F12 Key so I can type suicide, but can't respawn. throughout the menu system, mouse and all keys were fine, try to join or join and once the map appears, nothing...

Epic knows about this issue, you are not the only one having this problem, hopefully Epic will have this fixed within their next Beta.

i sense differences in the game that i was never be able to saw before with the other patches, maybe because it was an early patch

Or maybe it was because you had a lucky streak and then thought the weapons were tweaked?

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Player nametags were made smaller (they were obnoxiously huge before), and the names of all people in a vehicle with more than one seat are shown (if you're close enough)

I suppose the nametags still don't display teammates' health? Any chance of that being added before release?

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Why isn't there any "filter" in the server browser?
I seriously hoped we could choose to filter the servers by a ping range, like happens in pretty much every other game. I don't really care to have a huge list showing servers I cannot play in, right?
Of course this assumes that the ping reported in the server browser will be fixed. Right now it doesn't have anything to do with the real one (I can see a ping of 100+ in the browser, I connect and I get 20)

And why there isn't a tab "friends" to see where your mates are playing?

And why there still is that absurd "multiplayer" in the main menu?
99.9999% of the time when I click multiplayer I actually mean "go to the server browser", why do we have to do one useless click every single time?

And why did they have to waste time and resources to put in a mutator the LSD-enhanced-gamingexperiences of giant monsters instead of doing....you know....a new GUI for example :)

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I suppose the nametags still don't display teammates' health? Any chance of that being added before release?

I think the nametags do already display the health of your teammates.

Sure I'd like to see even the name of the enemies. I'd love knowing who I'm duking it out with.

dura1198

Feb 18, 2008
Great news. Now there is only one thing left to say:

Linux! LINUUUX!

I've been away from the UT scene for quite a while now. Did they ever come back and say why the promised Linux client never materialized?

Very excited about the 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack. Definitely planning to play some UT3 again.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
This new HUD looks better, the yellow one was...kinda..boring...anyway
It's been some time since i last played UT because my PC is "half" broken so, i haven't been able to, but i think the shape of the HUD has changed a bit also, the ammo part looks larger. They actually just recolored the HUD to black. It does looks better, but i think the opaque, solid black from the promos still looks better IMO

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Sarcasm??
What sarcasm? The images were well drawn, obviously by someone with significant art experience.. They understood how to align the graphics smoothly.. During the first release of UT3 we got this:

hudwtf.png

Tell me you seriously think this is better??

Hektor

Feb 20, 2009
i hate that its still impossible to turn off weather effects like we could turn it off in ut2004...

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Man some people on here make me wanna vomit. This is an AWESOME patch and we got people bitching cause they dont like the "carbon fiber" look they added to the UI. You know what? STFU!!! You guys have been bitching and bitching and bitching about the game ever since its release...Epic decides to do something pretty drastic like come out with this patch and a HUGE FREE expansion you guys still BITCH like a bunch of God damn 14 year olds!!!! Where did all the mature players go? I cant believe people on here are whining about a damn carbon fiber texture they added now. GET THE **** OVER IT!!!! Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating. Same goes for a dork who said "What are speed tree fronds? Did they make stuff up "make us think we are getting new options and changing video quality?"...Are you serious right now dude? You seriously think that?

Man some of you guys are straight up DORKS. Pull your head out of your ass, smoke a bowl and chill out! Epic could make this game EXACTLY how you want it and Im sure you would still whine. Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.