UT3 TITAN PACK DETAILS REVEALED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnixPimp

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
Any word on a potential release for the Xbox 360 version of UT3?

Yeah, yeah the same old trolls will come out and say that Micro$oft (see I added the lame dollar sign in place of the 's' :rolleyes:) will charge for the DLC from XBL Marketplace.

Big fat hairy deal. This never stopped people from buy the DLC for Halo 3 or any other popular game. Epic does not have to charge 1200 MS points for this; they could always charge a nominal price like 400 or 600 points.

There is still an active community for UT3 on XBL, but some new content would give it a shot in the arm. That has worked for plenty of other franchise on XBL.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
is it just me, or that giant krall squashed the head of that ronin with the back of a GIANT ASS ROXXX LAUNCHER FROM HELL?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
the xbox360 maps have been thrown in so woot.... but what about the 360 exclusive characters? IIRC there were some console exclusive characters

Ummm... I think you missed that in the announcement. Look again.

That said, looking forward to seeing this. I'm more interested in the patch right now, but I'm not complaining. Although I thought the Stealthbender was originally going to be in the game? I guess they pulled it last minute to keep working on the concept?

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Stealthbender

Ok so I'm not totally mistaken. Which vehicle group does this go with now? News update says it's Axon, but the Archive article says Axon with Necris enhancements. Will it be usable in campaign as originally planned?

I really hope this isn't the end of the content packs for UT3. I would really like for Epic to give us a playable Malcolm and other iconic characters that have been requested in the past.

EDIT: Has any time frame been given for the 2.0 patch?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Agreed that the Titan Mutator seems a bit lame. Hopefully it won't be impossible for not-so-good players to get.

Still... looking forward to downloading...
Getting kills isn't the only way to fill your meter, so it shouldn't be out of reach for new players.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I just realized... this comes out a day before the an important milestone at work!

Well at least I can save it for the weekend, a nice way to unwind after all this crunch time!

It's also dropping between the TF2 scout pack and the L4D Survival Pack which is coming sometime this spring. March is going to be a good month for Steam and FPS games.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
The "free labor" tag doesn't apply here. It's only for modders who made UT3 somewhat playable.

Any word on gameplay changes? Netcode? Things like that? I can't remember if there was a list earlier. All the content in the world won't help UT3 if it's still not that fun or satisfying to play.

I suppose that if IW never fixed CoD4's gameplay issues, a game that people actually play, there's probably no way Epic changed anything worthwhile. D:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
# 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies
# Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
# Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC

Those three bullet points from the article would suggest that Patch 2.0 is included in the pack (a la the Mega Pack from UT2004).

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Guys trust me Titans mut is cool. I would say that it isn't meant for claustrophobic maps with lots of overhead ramps and low hanging doors - it works best in Warfare, CTF and vCTF. There it ceases to be a gimmick because if you defend well you are rewarded for it with the ability to defend flags, nodes and cores more effectively (or quickly stage an effective counterattack).. and there is strategy involved in knowing when and where to use it. For instance you could coordinate a flag run where your teammate does the grab and you run interference, basically as a titan you are a one man army if you are quick witted. Not impossible to take down though. You get 400 health and 400 shield, plus homing rockets and double ROF shock. Effective against even tanks and raptors in other words.

Greed is the answer to the death of CTF, really it is the evolution of it imo. I am interested to see how that one goes online, and REALLY look forward to being able to play maps like Coret again without it feeling like I've done it a million times. And I must say that offline it is actually fun to play it against bots, and challenging because the bigger your skull pot is, the harder they make it for you to get through.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
And there the complains start again. I expected bit more too, but meh...
Also malcolm not playable surprised me, since he was in these preview screens shown playable, I mean when UT3/UT2007 was under developement, he was shown in some map which isn't even in final ver....
Maybe they could continue with ut3 storyline and that way make him avaiable, but it seems they didn't do it.

Gan Xodos

Feb 19, 2009
I was hoping they would inccude Thundercrash and an ending to the campaign mode... everything is great but the game is still incomplete! I don't think they would throw away all the work they've done on malcolm... THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER PACK/EXPANSION that ties up the campaign battling it out against malcolm!

Very happy so far... so long as tehy don't pull the plug after this.

TWWWO WWWEEAKKGSGHHH

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm guessing the whole malcom thing is partly because he doesn't have his own team. It would be inconsistent to have a team with just malcolm and no customization in it.

Heck, maybe his model is broken in some obscure manner and needs a complete overhaul to be viable in the game for all we know.