Vampire loveness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Well the other night i went out to the movies and saw the Swedish film "Let the right one in" So it is called here in the states. I was blown away. My love for vampire flicks has been completely renewed. Go see it if you have not its really good. So now that i have vampires stuck on the brain i decided to watch more movies with them. Yesterday i was off work so i watched Vampire Hunter D , Underworld , Underworld Revolution , and Interview with a vampire.
God i love it.
Sometime this week i will be making a trip to the video store to get the Bram Strokers Dracula. But there is another Dracula movie that was good by another director , does any one remember the name?

Any one know any more vampire movies that are pretty good?
Anime or live action , but no lame vampire comedy's or anything staring Eddie Murphy.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well from what I have witnessed on the Twilight previews, its an emo vampire who falls in love with an emo girl. That much right there is enough for me to say no thanks.

Also on the talk of Vampire Hunter D. I have been trying for the life of me to find Bloodlust, but it seems to be more rare than the first one.

That second Dracula movie you are thinking of is Dracula 2000, and avoid it like the plague.

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Dance of the Vampires.

I only know the Dracula movie by Francis Ford Coppola. Not really true to the book but if you are on a vampire-spree you might as well watch it. It's pretty good in its own merit, I hear. I never saw the appeal myself.

There is Nosferatu, Eine Symphonie des Grauens. Very old German movie which basically follows the story of Bram Stoker's Dracula but since they didn't have the rights they named their vampire Nosferatu. They were still sued and lost and since then the movie was pretty rare to get. Now that it's widely regarded as a classic it should even be on google-video. It's pretty creepy but it's no good if you are put off by silent films. Maybe you can find a regular black and white movie to watch before this.

If you can accept deviations from the regular vampire scheme:
John Carpenter's Vampires
Blade and Blade 2 (not Blade 3)
Lifeforce (naked chick from space wants to steal life from people...)
From Dusk Till Dawn

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Just remembered another one:
The Hunger
Deneuve plays a vampire who tries to find a mate to share eternity with but the conversion process never seems to work and all their lovers rot so she has to keep searching. David Bowie is in it too.
The whole movie is rather artsy and not too vampireish, but it's about vampires. It might give you a unique angle.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Speaking of vampires ... there's tv-series too.
- Angel (the Buffy-spinoff)
- Moonlight (detective as a vampire ... a bit like twilight though, so probably best avoided)

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Twighlight is right out. I don't want to watch any junior highschool bulsht movies.
TV actors suck as well so those are out. But the John Carpenter one i think i liked when i saw it last time. Good suggestions everyone. Keep em coming. I got a working list started thanks to you guys!

edit]
Hmm, looks like the Vampire Hunter D i have is bloodlust. getting the first one as we speak.

Here is my list so far:
30 days of night
Bram Strokers Dracula - Coppola
John Carpenters - Vampires
Shadow of the Vampire
Vampire Hunter D - First 1

Any more i need to add to this list?

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
the-lost-boys.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093437/

P.S: I'm seeking a movie about a female vampire that ends up giving birth.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah I seen some good flicks in my time, I prefer the ones that concentrate on the vampires ability to sway people and trick their minds... The whole garlic, cross **** never phased me

Best ones arnt a 15+ rating for the most part

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
As much as I love the idea of vampires and all the stuff that comes along with them, I've actually never experienced a piece of entertainment that involves vampires that has stuck out to me or made me think "awesome" or "wow!"

I've never seen the whole Vampire Hunter D movie though, I couldn't get into it, maybe since I've always missed the beginning. Also Hellsing had potential and almost hit the mark but after the first part of the story it got too ridiculous and the comedy bits were getting annoying.

I saw the last half of a black and white Dracula movie once on TV though and I actually enjoyed it, in fact it was the most enjoyable vampire movie/show experience I've had. So I dunno, maybe there's a vampire movie or show out there somewhere that will nail it for me and tickle my fancy. ;)

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I heard that Let the Right One In is slowwww as heck. I thought the trailer looked pretty cool though.

how about these?

Jesus_Christ_Vampire_Hunter_copy.jpg
blacula.jpg