Great Movie Scores

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
What movie scores have you come to love over the years?

For me,

Last Samurai
Batman Begins
Braveheart
Titanic
Blood Diamond
Star Wars
Street Kings
Beowulf
Lord of the Rings
Matrix

there are more, will mention as soons as I remember.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Blood Diamond
Matrix Trilogy
Jurassic Park
Pirates of the Carribean
Star Wars
LOTR
Last Samurai

****, my bad. I've been drinking and I totally didnt get taht this was about musical scores, edited

Last edited:

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
The Fountain (Jackman, Weis). Pretty epic.

Trust me, although it's bit of a sappy love story, it takes a bit of maturity. The Sound track is the shizz.

Oh, and Dead Man (Depp). Fantastic shizz. Look into the track with the organ solo, very mello.

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
429-1.jpg

/thread over :d

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Nothing comes close to Vangelis's Bladerunner score - great music complementing one of the all time great Sci-Fi movies - nuff said.

Lruce

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
How can I forget The Rock and Bladerunner. Thankyou Nines and Lruce.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
a few that haven't been mentioned :
= Gladiator (Hans Zimmer IIRC)
= Das Boot ... (even the techno-remake of the theme is sort of nice )
= Jaws

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Air's score for The Virgin Suicides comes to mind immediately, as well as the soundtrack from Garden State. Reading the Wikipedia page of that one, I was reminded not to forget a true classic: the soundtrack for The Graduate.

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Nothing comes close to Vangelis's Bladerunner score - great music complementing one of the all time great Sci-Fi movies - nuff said.

Lruce

I agree wholeheartedly.

Of movies that haven't been mentioned, I really like Sunshine's score.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I really can't remember every soundtrack unless it's a James Bond, StarWars or LOTR generic type of thing. I mean, Blood Diamond? I just watched this movie last month, still can't remember.

Last edited:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
There's been tons of movies with incredible scores (Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia, for starters), but let's see... I consistently keep the soundtracks to Solaris and The Thin Red Line around. And oh, the crown jewel of them all; South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
I dont usually remember the soundtrack for a movie, but here are some I just had to look up after I saw the movie

Oldboy
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Donnie Darko
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Pan's Labyrinth
Fight Club
Apocalypse Now
Batman & Robin (I hate the movie, but it had an awesome Smashing Pumpkins song!)
The Godfather
Juno

Probably missed some :p

Last edited: