My 2nd xbox 360 died today!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
A friend of mine just got his 2nd because his died (red ring of death).
Another friend is on his 3th (died grafix card, and red ring of dead)

And now my 2nd one died, a few days after the warrenty..
The first one died because the drive was b0rked.
And now the 2nd one couldnt read dvd/cd's anymore.

so..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iJePEwwuSsE

quote:
1. xbox 360.. microsoft.. here you go.
2. see, you dont need to remove the special screws to open it.
3. I want to see its heart.

and the rest is nonsense.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
A friend of mine just got his 2nd because his died (red ring of death).

Just picked up my third after my Elite bit the dust. If you buy a new one, be sure to do your homework on the Jesper chipset. It's a new lower power chipset that has 256 megs of ram and supposedly addresses the failure issues the previous 360s had (aka one hasn't failed yet).

MS is definitely still selling the original 360 hardware as well, so check out some of the "how to find a jesper" articles out there to ensure you're not setting yourself up for another RROD.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
or you should get an extra 2 years warrenty with Microsoft for free repair etc.

my warranty was automatically enhanced when it RROd'ed. All you got to do is get in touch with some MS help desk.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The short to finding a jasper:

Find the opening on the box where the barcode is visible.
On the lower left hand corner you can see the amps rating right above the words "made in china"
The Jasper will say 12.1A instead of 14.2A

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Good info TWD, but that doesn't help if the poor sap makes his purchase over the web. I guess if it turns out to be the wrong item it can be returned, but what a hassle. 'Tis the main reason why I buy stuff like that at a brick and mortar.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Its nice if they have finally fixed that machine, but.. isen't it a little late in the game?

I wonder how much this whole RROD issue has cost them.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Its nice if they have finally fixed that machine, but.. isen't it a little late in the game?

I wonder how much this whole RROD issue has cost them.

I don't know if it's really stopped anybody from buying, and I don't think it's too late as these consoles still have several years of life left in them.

However, I also wouldn't say it's fixed. These newer ones have only been around for like a month. Who knows what they're going to start doing two years from now.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Best chance to get a "jasper" online is to buy an Arcade holiday bundle that includes the sega superstars tennis game.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I don't know if it's really stopped anybody from buying, and I don't think it's too late as these consoles still have several years of life left in them.

It stopped me, and i'm probably not the only one.

However, I also wouldn't say it's fixed. These newer ones have only been around for like a month. Who knows what they're going to start doing two years from now.

Hence i said "if they have", the thing is brand new afterall.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Just picked up my third after my Elite bit the dust. If you buy a new one, be sure to do your homework and not buy a product that is known to be a faulty piece of crap.

Fix't.

I mean, I understand some people are willing to put up with it, but roundabouts the second time the hardware died under normal wear and tear I'd be demanding a full refund and taking my business elsewhere.

All this nonsense people keep talking about with "get such and such a bundle" and "check the serial number" to make sure you don't get a freaking brick is absurd. If the product fails, don't buy it.

Last edited:

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
Mine only had one problem, and that was the red ring. My warranty had been out for a while, but I got it fixed and haven't had any problems since. It sucks to see people have so many problems with theirs.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Fix't.

I mean, I understand some people are willing to put up with it, but roundabouts the second time the hardware died under normal wear and tear I'd be demanding a full refund and taking my business elsewhere.

All this nonsense people keep talking about with "get such and such a bundle" and "check the serial number" to make sure you don't get a freaking brick is absurd. If the product fails, don't buy it.

Wait...since when has Microsoft given refunds?