Why are people such a$$holes at the Epic forums?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
Every single post I make, people feel the need to TROLL and be an ass. When exactly did the community go down the $hitter? :eek:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No, actually Epic's official game forums have always been full of whining retards ever since Unreal came out.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Epic Games Forums = Official Forums. Always the same issue for ALMOST every game.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Since I only play games from the Unreal series I would not now how forums are for other games.

People only go to forums to complain. That's why all critic is bad critic. Only bad news are worthy to report or else we would have too much to talk about. Must be human nature. Badmouthing is almost like procrastinating, except you are making others do the heavy lifting.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Every single post I make, people feel the need to TROLL and be an ass. When exactly did the community go down the $hitter? :eek:

That's easy to answer. To echo my signature on unrealadmin, people have become harder to satisfy these past few years and seem to crave sensation. One of those sensations is getting a kick from annoying someone or putting them down needlessly. Generally speaking, this could be qualified as widespread asshattery.

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Honestly, most of the old school folks I knew in the UT/UT2003/4 days do not frequent the Epic forums. Even with all the bitching we still had some damned good threads back on the old INA/Atari forums. All I see now on the Epic UT3 forums are threads about kiddie clans and people pissing & moaning that they got shafted because X-feature didn't make the cut on their favorite platform but did on another.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, most of the old school folks I knew in the UT/UT2003/4 days do not frequent the Epic forums. Even with all the bitching we still had some damned good threads back on the old INA/Atari forums. All I see now on the Epic UT3 forums are threads about kiddie clans and people pissing & moaning that they got shafted because X-feature didn't make the cut on their favorite platform but did on another.

Well, remember, the game was consolized and it was sold for consoles and marketed to console players. Is it possible that the game's forums are now, consequently, attracting a different kind of audience (console kiddies)?

Sos_your_face

how you become manta?
Dec 8, 2008
S. Florida
www.clan-bge.com
The Epic forums once was a great place to go and chat about UT3. Yes, half of the threads were whiney threads, but the other half had substance. Now that UT3 is dying, the sensible PC players the frequent the Epic forums are a shrinking breed. Even when we have good threads, they get knocked off the first page in a day because the PS3 and 360 share the same forums, and apparently those consoles are incapable of having a community site. Christ, even their clans don't have websites. There are stupid threads like "X clans home thread." Home thread? That is so retarded!!!!!

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
Did you say something negative about the game?
All I did was comment on a map saying it'd be nice to have bot support, then some n00b with 5 posts out of nowhere goes "It'd be nice for you to make maps that have actual gameplay and not just pretty'd up" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.