CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I think he just made another profile and copied all his config files to it. 1 profile for hardcore, 1 for normal.
Mostly. I copied the entire profile folder and renamed it. Actual link doesn't exist anymore.

You have to disconnect from a server to switch over to other sets of classes, but it's better than nothing. Theoretically, if you break them up intelligently it won't come up often that you need a certain class but it's in another set.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
gifawesomega1.gif

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to sort something out.
The reason why one cannot edit loadouts on the fly (as in without disconnecting) is beyond me though :rant:
My guess is due to the game's console-based design. Consoles are the reason the maps are fit for 8v8 or less only. And it's probably why certain guns stand out as much better on PC -- player movement on consoles is likely to be much worse, so the overall weapon balance probably fits better because people are easier to shoot.

If certain things ever seem unreasonably limited in a PC game, you can pretty much bet it's because of consoles. :p

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I mean, it's hardcore mode. You sprayed, you prayed, and it worked. One bullet required no matter what happened in that instance, and one just happened to hit. Yay? D:

Mar 6, 2004
I was 7-14 and i was trying so i raged and finished the map 7-55, i sprayed that "i will just run around shooting at the sky" paint on me, it was more fun then actually playing i must admit. Next map 1-48, got bored so i tried, and i almost raged again. I am thinking of uninstalling this POS because i suck that badly, i dunno what it is, maybe im just born to suck or something. I just know i'll never get better because i suck at all games i play so why bother anymore. I suck at everything i do offline, so why not online too? atleast i am good at being a whiner.:D

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
You could try to do something else outside of video games. Maybe create a bunch of IRL achievements for yourself.

- Talk to random girl and don't get slapped (25 pts).
- Make out with bar slut (50 pts).
- Have a one-night stand (100 pts).
- Avoid getting crabs from said one-night stand (100 pts).

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I mean, it's hardcore mode. You sprayed, you prayed, and it worked. One bullet required no matter what happened in that instance, and one just happened to hit. Yay? D:

Awww come on.
The bullets where so accurate for each one of them. You can even tell shot #3 hit something, only shot #1 didn't hit.

Oh and (GR)Killer, 7-55? That's bad...

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Killer, all of the pros play SnD because that is where the money is at. So overall, I don't know how well watching demos of them will help now that I've thought about it. Try going into a TDM game and spectating the best player (the person who has the most kills and the best K/D ratio) while you eat.

Mar 6, 2004
Or maybe switch to S&D? maybe i should get back into pugs again. Start a new profile and get the jump back. BTW i took your config away, i am using my old one again, i wanna play at max res instead of half the max. 24 inch widescreen dell with a res of 1900x1200.

I don't think i'll ever get better playing in pubs hoping to be the best in the server, or atleast a good ratio. I guess i need to step it up a bit and make the switch. Sorry about yesterday, i was in meltdown mode.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
BTW i took your config away, i am using my old one again, i wanna play at max res instead of half the max. 24 inch widescreen dell with a res of 1900x1200.
You know you could have just switched the res in my config if you wanted :p
Sorry about yesterday, i was in meltdown mode.
No problem, everyone has a breaking point for frustration and being annoyed.