Why don't you play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why aren't you attending FragBU?

• Total voters

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
- lack of fun
- and the few fragbu's I attended were quite late/early... time difference is too large
- and for recent fragbu's... no longer really into the deathmatch mp fps games anymore

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
The main reason right now is that I don't have internet at home yet. This should be fixed soon though.
I did find that the entire 'dud' issue was annoying as hell. I'm far less skilled than most anyone on the server, so when that one shombo or rocket does connect and it ends up dudding it is not fun.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The main reason right now is that I don't have internet at home yet. This should be fixed soon though.
I did find that the entire 'dud' issue was annoying as hell. I'm far less skilled than most anyone on the server, so when that one shombo or rocket does connect and it ends up dudding it is not fun.
Unfortunately that's a combination of the terrible server and the terrible netcode in the game. Normally on a good server you'll occasionally get a dud (3/10 rockets will be duds) but on a terrible server like the FragBU one, you'll get 5/10 or 6/10 and every weapon, not just rockets or flak. I've even managed to get dud feign death and dud flag caps. It's awesome. :)

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Unfortunately that's a combination of the terrible server and the terrible netcode in the game. Normally on a good server you'll occasionally get a dud (3/10 rockets will be duds) but on a terrible server like the FragBU one, you'll get 5/10 or 6/10 and every weapon, not just rockets or flak. I've even managed to get dud feign death and dud flag caps. It's awesome. :)
Wait, are you saying that on a good server an average of three out of every ten rockets are duds? Because in my experience it's less than 1%. Memorable when it happens, of course, and it drives me nuts for sure. But if it's anywhere close to 30% on all servers, that's some serious packet loss being doled out by one's ISP or home network.

@thread: When I happen to catch the FBU server in the browser I try to stop in. The empty filter probably doesn't help sometimes though....

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Wait, are you saying that on a good server an average of three out of every ten rockets are duds? Because in my experience it's less than 1%. Memorable when it happens, of course, and it drives me nuts for sure. But if it's anywhere close to 30% on all servers, that's some serious packet loss being doled out by one's ISP or home network.
Well then everyone I know gets packetloss and f6 lies to us. D:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I'd join more often, but I never know when it starts or when people would be there reliably. The last time I hit a full-ish server was on a Saturday @ 5 am. by complete luck. (was initially just wanting to test my crosshairs online :p)

Last edited:

Sindarin

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 15, 2004
Skill level mostly. I suck and get my ass handed to me every time. Gets old quick.

Not trying to lay blame, just the way the game is.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
For me when I play online, I like a huge block of time to keep playing for a while and that usually isn't available these days (for past 3-4 years actually). For FragBU, the same applies but I don't tend to play online much anyway so it hardly ever works out.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
I'd join more often, but I never know when it starts or when people would be there reliably. The last time I hit a full-ish server was on a Saturday @ 5 am. by complete luck. (was initially just wanting to test my crosshairs online :p)

If you were in IRC, the FragBU-Reporter would tell you when people are getting on.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Two reasons:

1) I live in the Netherlands. In order to join the server I'd have to stay up all night, and I simply can't afford that with my busy schedule.
2) Only fridays and saturdays. I go home to my parents' house every friday afternoon. They don't have a PC that's up to running UT3 on a decent level. :(

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY
Anyone who thinks they won't be good enough is wrong. You will improve very quickly if you play at FragBU, it's how I got to be so pro. :cool:
I would play more if the server didn't lag so much.

Lower level players get owned by you "pros". The few times I joined, I kept getting killed with an enforcer in my hand. Couldn't even get to another weapon. Seemed like a lot of spawn kills. I suppose it could have been coincidence that someone was there with a flack cannon every time I spawned.

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
There should be a euro fragbu too tbh, the states are too far away for me and then the timezone which makes it impossible for me to join fragbu :(

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Euro FragBU has been tried many times now. Even less people show up than to the NA FragBU, and it soon is forgotten entirely.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
ok so everyone who replied so far either:

- lives somewhere besides the US
- doesn't like the game
- feels they arent skilled enough / doesnt want to get owned
- doesnt know what time it is :rolleyes:

for me - i try to drop in sometimes but have been busy with RL and since starting my own server have been playing almst exclusively there...