Why don't you play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why aren't you attending FragBU?

• Total voters

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Lately as an event FragBU has been rather slow. Last friday we had a full server but that seems to be something that's almost never happening. Here's my question: Why aren't you attending FragBU? I know there's got to be a lot of reasons why so I'll try and make a poll that has plenty of options.

Maybe if it's something that's fixable, we can finally get FragBU back to being an active event.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Ive tried a couple of times but since im from Sweden i have to stay up way too late to actually see any people on the server. Its a shame, since you guys seem to like CTF as much as i do :(

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I would get owned too hard. :(

Yeah, I can admit it. :D

---

Plus, my computer sucks.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
The game. UT3's mouse support just sucks and I don't feel like I can hit anything accurately, not to mention deathmatch isn't very fun when there is a huge skill gap between the regulars and myself. Also, everyone wants to play only dm and ctf, instead of warfare.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
My reason must be a mixture of this. I don't think I am good enough, but I still like competitive gaming. "I am occupied with other things at that time." I don't know when it starts local time and I also keep forgetting about it even thou I read about it like every time it's on.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What's FragBU?

:p

Anyway if I play online I don't prefer servers like that too, plus with my often very low fps at some maps, I would suck too much, so I mostly play UT3 offline, until i get better gardware to run it properly and smooth.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
If I had a decent internet I think I would pop up sometimes, even though I live in Europe. I sometimes do play very late and I may accept to play with a fairly high ping, but right now that's just not going to happen.
Oh, and I don't like UT3 too much either :p

Last edited:

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
Anyone who thinks they won't be good enough is wrong. You will improve very quickly if you play at FragBU, it's how I got to be so pro. :cool:
I would play more if the server didn't lag so much.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Give me a REASON.
FBU Skill gap Far too wide, I try to play for fun but it becomes far to hard to do this when you finish last consistantly. Sat Nights I play a co-op with some former team mates.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Server lag while quite noticeable for me is ok. Just take some time to get used to, and since I don't on hitscan weapons in UT3, I can live with it. The time difference is my problem. To play at FragBU, I need to be up at 5-6am. That's exactly that "sweet spot" for me - to early to get up (after all holiday is about sleeping out for me) and too late to stay up all night. If not work, that would be possible for me to stay overnight like that, but as of now it's tough - I can only do that while on vacation or have more than two-day-long weekend/holidays.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Back when I tried to play the terrible maps had a lot to do with it (and VCTF and WAR sucking ass). Now that all those HOLP things are on there the maps probably wouldn't be an issue anymore.

After being spoiled by non-UT netcode for the better part of a year, even going back to UT2004 seems icky and gross when I play it. Unreal netcode is simply fail all around and UT3 is the worst of the bunch.

I hate when I feel as if I'm fighting against the game itself because of all its problems, so UT3 was and never will be fun. Same goes for Crysis and likely the UT3 expansion. D: