Is Xbox live getting beter or worse?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is Xbox live geting worse or better

• Yes it getting better , less idiots on here

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • in between , varies from match to match

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • no , its getting worse everyday

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

darkonxy

Its all about the BFG Baby!!!
Mar 26, 2008
feel free to voice your opinion about this topic , im just trying to get a decent survey on this issue

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
For a paid, premium service, it pretty much sucks. Playstation Network is better, faster and actually works, and that is free.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
The PS2 didn't have its own central online service like the PS3 does. Each game had its own master servers, just like any PC game. But yeah PSN is totally free for multiplayer gaming. They get you though on downloadable content which has a small fee usually.

also microsoft just released a really crappy rip off of Mii for xbox live. it looks embarrassingly bad and stupid and completely out of touch with the kinda demographic that the 360 targets.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah so how's the September (Or was it October) update? I saw the demo at E3 and immediately noticed the rip-offs of the Miis and the PS3's XMB, but does it function better than the old blades? Also, can you go back to the blades if you don't like it? Would be a shame if you couldn't, that update ruins the 360's interface, which is a very good concept, but poorly executed though with all the pictures and ads all over the place IMHO. Still they should've kept it instead of doing that...

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I don't think Xbox LIVE is that bad. There have been some pretty serious issues with lag recently, but I think that will settle out soon. As for jerks/idiots, I fall into that category for Halo 3. I go into games with friends and scream at people or talk like a little kid :lol:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I will let you know my opinion when I figure out the 360 that I got back from microsoft only lasted 10 minutes.

EDIT::

[persnickety]Wheres the vote for its getting "beter?"[/persnickety]

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Meh, it really depends. I mostly play games that don't require me to listen to internet retards (burnout paradise, for example) or I end up playing with people I know, limiting the annoying nature of the internet. Every once in a while its pretty bad. Oh well, that's why God created the mute button.

As for xbl, while it's been wonky recently (due to 10 million people downloading updates), I really like it. the NXE is fine aesthetically, though I was fine with the blades, tbh, the mii ripoffs are fun, so the fact that nintendo also did it doesn't bother me a bit. PSN has grown a bit so that it's a serious competitor, but I really don't feel like I'm getting screwed out of my money for $50/yr. I never have any serious connection problems, media is integrated very well and now my netflix is able to be streamed via my 360 in HD very well. Except sony is being a little bitch about it and won't let their movies go through the xbox. Ugh. Oh well, that's what laptops and DVI cords are for.

~Jason

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I remember subscribing for the service not long after it was started back in the early days of the first Xbox. I'd say its made great progress since then, but the latest update transformation is pretty much a step backwards.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
[sarcasm]
Thank you, almighty brilliant man.
[/sarcasm]

Yeah I am brilliant. Bet you wish you could be even a tiny bit as smart as me huh? I'd like to know what you see wrong with my comment because Mii and the Wii in general is targetted towards older adults, non gamers and children where the 360 is targetting towards the next worst thing, adults that act like children.

Last edited:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Yeah I am brilliant. Bet you wish you could be even a tiny bit as smart as me huh? I'd like to know what you see wrong with my comment because Mii and the Wii in general is targetted towards older adults, non gamers and children where the 360 is targetting towards the next worst thing, adults that act like children.
Wow, you're missing the point, guess that doesn't change over the many years the world's been insulted by your ignorant pointless existence.

The 360 is retargetting towards everyone who's bought wiis. They've already pwned the ps3 in the US [~2:1 NPD ratio - as for software..that's just silly] and the new dash will make it more accessable to the rest of the gamer demographic.

Tossing in US-only bonuses like netflix will help it there too.

As for Live? Gets better and better the more and more friends i play with, which is what it's about after all. Doesn't matter where you go or what you do if you go with friends it's better, if you try to rely on everyone else there will always be arses.

Mm.. Horde.

Private party system = not hear anyone but friends \o/

Live's great, the fact that they can support 14m people updating [who've already got nxe now] with no real downtime [marketplace only] is remarkable. the 1.5m concurrent gears2 players at the launch was also remarkable.

I hear LBP and Socom had bad launches when more than their beta signed in or used the system at once. Developer led infrastructure - overall poor decision. Can and will make for some cool **** but will fail the gamer in the end who'll want a uniqitous experience on every game for that platform.

\o/

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Your comment is one-sided. PSN also supports 14M accounts FYI. And no downtime, even when the store updates. There is only server maintenance once in a while when the PSN goes down for a few hours, but that is perfectly normal.

When the server bugs are solved it runs just as good as Live's P2P system. Sure you can be disappointed of the master server bugs at the launch (I know I am a bit) but once it is solved well you forget about them.

And the 360 ''re-targeting'' is silly, we all know perfectly well that no console can touch the Wii in it's market. There lunging desperately at something they cannot reach. It's an honest attempt (Any company would try to do that at some point) but success is very far away, so I doubt that will work.

PSN is a very good experience for 0$ a month. I'm not saying it can't get better, I'm sure it can be if you pay for 50$ a year, but for a free service it's pretty good.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
For a paid, premium service, it pretty much sucks. Playstation Network is better, faster and actually works, and that is free.

Sure the service is better but what use is it if there is only a hand full of games worth playing?

The PS2 didn't have its own central online service like the PS3 does. Each game had its own master servers, just like any PC game. But yeah PSN is totally free for multiplayer gaming. They get you though on downloadable content which has a small fee usually.

also microsoft just released a really crappy rip off of Mii for xbox live. it looks embarrassingly bad and stupid and completely out of touch with the kinda demographic that the 360 targets.

Why does everyone complain about stupid little add-ons that may occasionally come into play or user interfaces that you look at for maybe a minute if you're really slow. Yeah it's rip off, probably in some attempt to win old school Nintendo fans with the release of Vigilant 8 and some old Rare games on arcade. A company usually concentrates on it's biggest rival and right now the Sony isn't doing so well despite pretty much owning the last two generations so Microsoft is going to try to get Nintendo fans.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
the fact that they can support 14m people updating [who've already got nxe now] with no real downtime [marketplace only] is remarkable. the 1.5m concurrent gears2 players at the launch was also remarkable.

PSN also supports 14M accounts FYI.

Way to misunderstand his comment.

Either way, you know there's fanboyism around when the thread of whether service A sucks or not, is dominated by a debate of why service B is SO much better (which the ONLY ps3 owner I know IRL will call bullsh%t on)..

Sure the service is better but what use is it if there is only a hand full of games worth playing?
Plausible denial, I guess..

Last edited: