The "Major UT3 Expansion"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What will the "Major UT3 Expansion" be?

• Total voters

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
As much as I hope it's something like UT2k3 -> UT2k4 I know it won't be. A retail game such as UT3.5 would hopefully breathe life back into the UT series and bring back a lot of the serious players, and hopefully a bunch of people from TB:: so I could play competitively again.

+1

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
And hopefully now that gears 2 has gone gold, epic can focus more on UT3, just as mark rein said "supporting our games".

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
Mark Rein
"In fact, we're working together on a major expansion that we expect will excite and grow our UT3 customer base."

I guess it will be more then a mega pack, because I doubt a mega pack would be enough to do what he sates.

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
What's the announcement of there being an expansion have to do with Mark's and Epic's state on the PC ?

I don't know about bread and butter, but without us PC gamers/modders, the consoles wouldn't have any DLC except for a couple of maps Epic might have made.Anyone know the title of Epic's new unannounced multiplatform game - including PC ? Maybe they can redeem their PC optimization with this title; thought they were done with their PC / Console multiplatforming, guess not.

It's either a completely new type of game from Epic (survival horror possibly), or a stand alone UT that is similar to what UT2K4 was to UT2K3. Didn't Epic contract Midway to publish more than one UT title ? Since this unannounced title by Epic includes being released for the PC, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a UT title (expansion), maybe not, but it's possible.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
What's the announcement of there being an expansion have to do with Mark's and Epic's state on the PC ?

I don't know about bread and butter, but without us PC gamers/modders, the consoles wouldn't have any DLC except for a couple of maps Epic might have made.Anyone know the title of Epic's new unannounced multiplatform game - including PC ? Maybe they can redeem their PC optimization with this title; thought they were done with their PC / Console multiplatforming, guess not.

It's either a completely new type of game from Epic (survival horror possibly), or a stand alone UT that is similar to what UT2K4 was to UT2K3. Didn't Epic contract Midway to publish more than one UT title ? Since this unannounced title by Epic includes being released for the PC, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a UT title (expansion), maybe not, but it's possible.
Epic was under contract with Midway to publish 3 unreal titles. Unreal Championship 2 was the first, UT3 was the second, and this third one would likely complete the contract.

darkonxy

Its all about the BFG Baby!!!
Mar 26, 2008
In my opinion, UT3 wouldn't be so bad if Cliffy had been the design director instead of Gears of Whore 2.

Hey, whoa , hey ! :mad: dont diss Cliff Blezinski , its one thing to be mad at him for moving on to his own project and accept that heck for all we know they just said that theyre making an expansion to keep ut fans who have the rig to play UT3. Yeah go on though blame gears sheesh even though its a console game you dont have to be (PC) players all the time. Its really , no its pathetic that people wont except the fact that epic has moved on while everyone here is blind to realize it.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Its really , no its pathetic that people wont except the fact that epic has moved on while everyone here is blind to realize it.

No they're not... They wouldn't. Unreals were all on PCs. UTs were all on PCs. UCs were all on consoles. GoWs were all on consoles. So it's nothing strange that GoW2 is also on a console. They wouldn't "move on" consoles from PCs, as PCs have a lot of players as well. Heck, all BUFers have a PC, or else you wouldn't be writing here ;) .