Who do you want to win this election?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who do you want to win this election?

• Obama-Biden

Votes: 69 65.7%
  • McCain-Palin

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Jackal

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • The People

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Barr

• Ralph Nader

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cynthia McKinney

• Pat Paulsen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Please, stop. You're going to get me going on about how this is exactly why voucher systems are needed.

lol, figures you would endorse vouchers.

It is telling that some of the people who like vouchers and standardized tests the least are TEACHERS. If you want to know what's wrong with the education system, don't you think teachers would be a good group of people to give recommendations, since they actually work in it? No offense, but when was the last time you were in a classroom, Brizz?

oh, and I see that the poll results have been corrected. Excellent!

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Not that I disagree with your sentiment necessarily, but that's spoken like somebody who doesn't have any idea what that entails.

Again you people with your baseless assumptions. I made a single broad statement.
I've been discussing for months now with my political science professors the problems surrounding our education system and the way the academic community is ignored in general. I think I have a pretty above average understanding of the matter.
The next huge blocks of text you wrote up for me, while cute and all, I already knew or agreed with.

teaching to a test, bad.
smaller classrooms, good.
assembly line teaching, bad.
foundational, building-block teaching, good.

putting more funds into an overloaded, understaffed system would be a good place to start for sure

No, no it wouldn't.
You cannot solve the problem by throwing money at it. We already outspend most of the modern world in education per-child yet we're still 21'st or worse in math and science.
Clearly, money is not the issue. We simply are not adequately preparing our youngsters with the skill sets in early primary education that will translate naturally into a well rounded secondary education. It's killing the country in so many more ways than the government seems to realize. Yet they never listen to the academia, education is always cut first when there's other problems.

sigh.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Let me reiterate my previous post, because I somewhat regret making it. Parts of it. I didn't word my opinion on this matter the way intended.
I realize/d mccain isn't the mcsame as mcbush is/has ever been. Which is a relief. But I'd rather not see him become the so called mightiest person on the face of the earth. I've been reading up his program/and comparing it to Obama (have done that several times before, mind you) but in the end I always lean towards Obama. Is he more capable that mccain? I hope so.
As for change, well it's a sales talk. You have to do it. It gets you elected. But once they're in office, their hands are tied. How much of their original program can/will they realize. I fully realize that. Politicians, they're practically all the same I suppose (?!).
I really hope the next person who becomes president of your country will deal with internal problems more than putting (wasting) effort into overseas unnecessary conflicts. It's what your country needs. It's what the world needs.

Mccain doesn't appear to be a tard like bush has ever been, but I don't trust him though. But the person running as vice president is a true horror. What if something happens to mccain, she'd fill in right? Palin as the president of the USA. What could be worse that bush, a question answered. Every time she opens her mouth it's as if she's about to burst out in a rage. She's crazy. Totally unstable. So it appears to me.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
That's spot on.

I also like this one:

obmcain.jpg

Edit: Having fun with the poll again hmm :D ??

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hey guys, regardless of your standing, I hope you don't support those people who'd like to see Obama assasinated.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Bush not acting on intelligence that could have prevented 9/11, and going into Iraq on bad information pretty much trumps any mistakes Clinton made. And that's putting his list of failures almost in a positive light. I think Bush and his administration should be lined up against a wall and shot for their failures.

Yes, because he'd been in office less than nine months when 9/11 happened. That information, along with the intelligence about WMD's, had been around since the mid-to-late 90's. You can also thank Jamie Gorelick for putting up the wall between intelligence and criminal investigators.

Perhaps you should put your firing squad and inflammatory statements on hold.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Yes, because he'd been in office less than nine months when 9/11 happened. That information, along with the intelligence about WMD's, had been around since the mid-to-late 90's. You can also thank Jamie Gorelick for putting up the wall between intelligence and criminal investigators.

Perhaps you should put your firing squad and inflammatory statements on hold.

So he had 9 months to act, and went to war on outdated information. And why isn't Jamie Gorelick burning in hell yet for his stupidity? You aren't doing a good job defending Bush here... This happened under his administration, its his fault. Plain and simple. Should this had happened under Obama, should something like this happen under Obama, I would be just as beside myself (hell you would be wanting his head on a stick). Its pathetic that even 7 years later, no ones in prison for this huge failure.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Didn't you hear about the two neo nazis that were caught with a firearm a few weeks ago ?

Oh that? Yeah of course I heard.

I also heard, 5 minutes later, that authorities said the threat was pretty much a hoax. Those guys had tried to get some guns, couldn't even successfully rob anyone, and had some ridiculous plan they were never going to follow through on.

... says the guy with a sniper rifle in his avvy/sig. ;)

Hey, I don't support assassinations.

I support mercy killings :D

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk

It is telling that some of the people who like vouchers and standardized tests the least are TEACHERS. If you want to know what's wrong with the education system, don't you think teachers would be a good group of people to give recommendations, since they actually work in it? No offense, but when was the last time you were in a classroom, Brizz?

oh, and I see that the poll results have been corrected. Excellent!

I cannot say if I agree with your final conclusion or not, but I do not agree with your premise. I do not believe that the teachers have all the answers. In fact they're probably a large part of the problem.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Why does it figure? Because I'm an involved parent or something?
It is telling that some of the people who like vouchers and standardized tests the least are TEACHERS.
Indeed. The people who stand to lose the most (their jobs) if vouchers are introduced and they don't improve their teaching habits. Imagine that! The next thing you'll tell me is that it is telling that fish don't like to be out of water so we should flood the earth to appease them.
If you want to know what's wrong with the education system, don't you think teachers would be a good group of people to give recommendations, since they actually work in it?
No, I don't Plenty of the teachers in our country have been teaching for decades and haven't attended school for almost as long.

I know what is wrong with public education, I experienced it first hand. And I'm probably one of the least of the offended by it's problems. Half of the problem is that teachers DON'T understand the problems and are completely wooled over about what vouchers are intended to do. I guess I can probably lump you into that group as well.

Let me just say that, in places where vouchers have been implemented, public education has improved markedly. Why should they not be expanded to other areas of the country?
No offense, but when was the last time you were in a classroom, Brizz?
Philosophically, every minute of my life I'm in a classroom. And it's given me a better education than the ones provided by the U. S. of A. I don't really see how this question has any bearing on this topic, though.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
So he had 9 months to act, and went to war on outdated information. And why isn't Jamie Gorelick burning in hell yet for his stupidity? You aren't doing a good job defending Bush here... This happened under his administration, its his fault. Plain and simple. Should this had happened under Obama, should something like this happen under Obama, I would be just as beside myself (hell you would be wanting his head on a stick). Its pathetic that even 7 years later, no ones in prison for this huge failure.

picardpicfw0.jpg