The "Major UT3 Expansion"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What will the "Major UT3 Expansion" be?

• Total voters

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
What do you think It's going to end up as?

UT4 (Like UT2003-2004).

Or

Just a big expansion pack.

Or

Something else.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
here is my issue and possibly others.

I really don't play it on my PC, Truthfully it's not installed. But I recently put the UT3 disk into my PS3, I do like it.

Issue here is consoles, How do you deal with them, alot of peeps are gonna say F-them, this won't work.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
I wish Epic would give us more information about their intentions for the patch. Perhaps they haven't decided what they want to do yet.

I think they've probably been working on it for a while. We know they had some assets before release that didn't make it in UT3 (eg. malcom model), I'd guess those are probably going in.

Way before this expansion was announced, I thought that was what they were intending, that maybe they're finishing up that large-scale vehicle gametype they were working on. Perhaps UT3 would be like the deathmatch base, and the expansion may focus on this completely new gametype.

And of course, with the intensity of complaints about stuff like the UI and sever browser, etc. maybe they decided to take some extra time polish things like that. I for one wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for it if it means fixing those things.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
I voted "UT4" because that is the ONLY way that they can save this series. Unfortunately, they're more likely to release a lazy-ass map/character pack, and call it a major expansion.

Unless they thoroughly revamp the UI, netcode, and map selection, it's goodbye to UT.

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
I don't know, something tells me this expansion will be another disappointment to PC users and cater more to the console users. Either way, this will be the final make or break of UT3 so guess we will find out, should be fun. If it turns out bad, it won't be beating the dead horse anymore, it will be gutting the dead horse.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I voted the 2nd option, because I believe that's what it will be. But it had damn well better be a free download for those of us that bought the game, because if it's not the first option in this poll, it ain't worth paying for.

I don't know, something tells me this expansion will be another disappointment to PC users and cater more to the console users. Either way, this will be the final make or break of UT3 so guess we will find out, should be fun. If it turns out bad, it won't be beating the dead horse anymore, it will be gutting the dead horse.

Agreed there. Mark Rein had made the statement many months ago that lots of cool stuff was coming for UT3, and yet we are still waiting.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Agreed there. Mark Rein had made the statement many months ago that lots of cool stuff was coming for UT3, and yet we are still waiting.
It's not a coincidence that we are hearing about this now that GoW2 has gone gold and is coming out in two weeks.