UTLive or Unreal Tournament 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT99Live or Unreal Tournament 4

• Total voters

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
^ Also much of WOW can be played alone.

No. Multiplayer games are more popular nowadays then single player games. You have to really be ignoring modern day gaming to say that single player games are more popular than multiplayer...its almost the exact opposite.

The amount of "true" single player games that come out is dwarfed by games with a multiplayer function, or multiplayer focused games.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I was pretty sure that there was a lot of WoW that could be played alone, then again I only played it for a few days ;x

It can be played alone, but you're still on a server with thousands of other players. And WoW is a very social game, I'm sure very few players have gone through the whole thing solo.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a huge market for single player games, but your claim that the market for single player games is bigger than the market for multiplayer ones is simply untrue. :)

That being said, Epic, please polish the hell out of the multiplayer portion of this expansion/re-release/whatever. Forget the throw away story mode, no one liked it and the plot and voice acting was actually painful. Just give us an arena and a tournament like the old games.

Someone might want to quote me because I'm pretty sure I've been ignored by WarTourist and the other Epic crew for criticizing them. That's called customer relations! :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No. Multiplayer games are more popular nowadays then single player games. You have to really be ignoring modern day gaming to say that single player games are more popular than multiplayer...its almost the exact opposite.

The amount of "true" single player games that come out is dwarfed by games with a multiplayer function, or multiplayer focused games.
Actually, I think you're jumping a gap here. Games with multiplayer are popular and multiplayer is popular, however, most popular multiplayer games today have a good single player (notice I did not say all).

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
God, this human is an awesome source of entertainment :)
QFT

While he is a total douchebag, i think he is actually onto something about applying the patch to the demo and downloading the rest from the servers.
It is an interesting notion and it might actually work. But CBF from me cause i've got the full game already. :lol:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
It can be played alone, but you're still on a server with thousands of other players. And WoW is a very social game, I'm sure very few players have gone through the whole thing solo.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a huge market for single player games, but your claim that the market for single player games is bigger than the market for multiplayer ones is simply untrue. :)

That being said, Epic, please polish the hell out of the multiplayer portion of this expansion/re-release/whatever. Forget the throw away story mode, no one liked it and the plot and voice acting was actually painful. Just give us an arena and a tournament like the old games.

Someone might want to quote me because I'm pretty sure I've been ignored by WarTourist and the other Epic crew for criticizing them. That's called customer relations! :D

Well, not sure if WT can read this post. ;)

Last edited:

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
give me a freakin break with the average joe line, who are you john mccain? anyone who cant afford a machine to play UT3 should not be playing video games and should be looking for a job. end of freakin story. thats the lamest excuse for not liking/playing UT3. Gaming is a luxury, not a right. Cancel your cable tv, or stop smoking and get a new pc, i did. you gotta have priorities ;)

QFT. I'm not exactly rich, but I did shell out $1,800 or so for a brand new rig when UT3 came out. No regrets. Yes, life is all about priorities, and if you're serious about gaming, you will spend serious cash on your gear. Same with sports and everything else. Suck it up!

Bishop F Gantry

Aug 18, 2004
QFT. I'm not exactly rich, but I did shell out $1,800 or so for a brand new rig when UT3 came out. No regrets. Yes, life is all about priorities, and if you're serious about gaming, you will spend serious cash on your gear. Same with sports and everything else. Suck it up!

Where most people run into the problem of is UT3 a game of good enough quality to be worth uppgrading to a new rig? eyecandy alone cant make a boring featureless game more intresting, now its just a boring game with eyecandy...

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Voted UT4 and PLEEEEASE release a polished and stable The demo becomes even more important when little marketing is done too.Let newcomers judge the game fairly.Some do not know about patches so they actually think that's what their getting.

A little advertising wouldn't hurt also.Whatever they do I just hope they continue trying to make progress because it's still the most intense fps out there.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
eyecandy alone cant make a boring featureless game more intresting

No, but custom content can, and has. Fact is, I'm currently having just as much fun with UT3 in IA as I had with 2K4/99. Of course, if you're primarily an online player, things might be a bit more frustrating...

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Judging by how big this thread is I'd say most of us are willing to give Epic a second chance.
Likewise for the expansion thread.

None of us want UT3 to be what it is, and most of us are hoping this expansion "redeems" the game for those who don't like it for one reason or another. We hope that it makes it succeed. We don't expect it to suddenly overtake TF2 or whatever, but that it has enough players to hold its own with UTGOTY or UT2k4, at least.

There is a good game underneath all the issues UT3 has, and we know that. If this expansion fixes most of them, or even if it only fixes the major gripe (which is somehow the UI... :rolleyes:) then that means potentially that many more players playing it.