WAR-Tropico Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
Great work, like really great work. Always have loved your stuff neo.

Toninux

Jun 24, 2008
Some collision bugs I found:
this bunker wall:

This rock:

And the author / player count under the preview pic is also missing...

Last edited:

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
When I try to download from the Fileplanet, I even do not need to look at header to see that Fileplanet belongs to the same company as Gamespy do :)
FileFront is alot better, I always download from there with good speed (stable 300 KB/s).

Ok, let's talk about map itself. Map really looks great, but link setup is too simple IMHO (Core-Prime-Center-Prime-Core, without any additional nodes). And these trees require careful driving :D, but it isn't drawback actually.

Last edited:

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks guys.

really!

the colour (i'm australian- that's how we spell it!) really really has got nothing to do with unreal engine or UT. Most people just chose to "desaturate" their levels, or use just grey.

I really got the inspiration from the tropical rainforests we have in Queensland (north east australia). lush green vegetation, and red soil. it's beautiful. you should all come and check it out.

thanks again! enjoy the map.

ps. The node set up may be simple, but the layout makes it deeper then most linear WAR maps. when you spawn at your power-node base, you're still only about 15 seconds (or whatever) away from the enemy prime node etc.. It's really good fun.

NoData

May 17, 2008
Wow, just wow. A candy for the eyes. Hope to see that one played on a populated server. :)

NitrousUser

[BuF]JinxyBoi
Apr 23, 2004
Houston, TX
www.super-magic.com
Peanut butter? In MY chocolate?

screenshot00005sizedyc2.jpg

This just feels so... right.