'The Haunted' Released for UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Because of the awesomeness of the band 'The Haunted', I will download this.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I just played it not bad. It's a multiplayer mod, there's one guy who's the haunted, he has to kill the zombies, and the rest float around the map spawning zombies for the haunted to kill. The gameplay mechanics are like those of Resident Evil 4.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Currently Co-op is in consideration, but due to some technical difficulties, it is more likely that the mod will follow a more single player route in future releases. We, The Haunted development team, hope that you enjoy the mod. Thanks!

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Great mod! All core elements work perfectly and feel great. :) There are a few things I find slightly annoying, but that would just be nitpicking. I can't wait to play this on LAN. :D

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Man... Haunted is even more awesome now that its complete.

So many of the gore aspects and ragdoll aspects of this mod should have been standard in UT3.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'm not sure where you got that thought.
'cause your own summary for the mod states :
"The Haunted is a multiplayer third person shooter with human players controlling the enemies."
That pretty much equals to 'no AI'.

The current game modes are:

1. One player as The Haunted against AI creatures

2. One player as The Haunted against several other players controlling the creatures.

Now that does sound good. :)

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Currently Co-op is in consideration, but due to some technical difficulties, it is more likely that the mod will follow a more single player route in future releases. We, The Haunted development team, hope that you enjoy the mod. Thanks!

The gameplay mechanics are superb and the mod is awesome.

Consider, if possible to evolve the gameplay on the maps to be like single player oriented, for example player or teams of players has to go from a point A to a point B on the map by achieving objectives ( and the final goal could be for example, escape from the map), instead of just fighting monsters on a closed map.

Or maybe combine certain maps like the ones i said, with the ones about just fighting monsters.

I see a serious challenger here to left for dead, and i think your game is superior to the other in, graphics, mechanics, monsters...
great job.

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Firefly, the hardest part really is getting everything organized. Which package goes where and so on. The next hardest part is probably gameplay, but that's because it's fairly unique in the arena environment style. There is a lot of room to learn and a lot of room to experiment. As far as number of new actors, it isn't too overwhelming ;)