The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
Looks decent, but I found out that white just don't work well in UT3.
Especially after designing this.

Thats not true at all man. Slain's new map is basically all white, and it looks extremely amazing. I'm just wondering why people haven't started making more white maps :\ Its the perfect competitive gameplay color.

While the lighting is ****ty, and the red is faked using paint. This still looks decent i think. http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/Axxon62/?action=view&current=2.jpg
I didn't even make my own textures yet.

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com

well, it does in Mirror's Edge. but it also think they're using their own lighting technique or something, right?

anyway, i was kind of planning to work on something very clean and white for UT3 as well. Quake 4 had some nice clean maps along the lines of what i wanted to do but it just feels strange in UT3 for some reason (imo).

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Thanks. It's probably because you have a decent brightness setting. Otherwise, plain white is easily modified depending on the user setting. What Numb51 doesn't seem to get my point.

well, it does in Mirror's Edge. but it also think they're using their own lighting technique or something, right?

That's for sure. I'm also guessing that they make use of the new UE3 lightning technique (What's the name already?) other games on the market so far don't have it featured. As for their themes, it's so clean and bright, that I bet the brightness settings will be minimal, and bloom won't interfere as much.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
screenshot00098ye9.jpg

screenshot00097lk1.jpg

New textures in my map - DM-Ichorous

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
you have weird lighting imo, and its the same with all your maps, it just doesn't appeal to me, ask slain for some lighting tips he has good effective tips.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid

I think that his map looks gorgeous. The reason the white buildings don't work too well in your urban map is because of the contrast with the grey, dirty surroundings and streets. The white buildings look way too clean, and you get the feeling that they just don't belong there. I think it's more the contrast and the architecture (and the lighting too) than the white colour (though it is overly bright in your map) that doesn't work well.

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Kantham your stuff is getting better with every map you release. Although there are obviously several flaws in each map, every map you make has less flaws. Would be nice to see something more innovative from you next time around caues I agree with vybz that all your maps have the same kind of look to them.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
WIP: Remake of DM-Oblivion from UT99

DM-Oblivion3-SE

I'm planning on animating the background some more - I want to start in blank space with no "zooming stars" and then eventually reach the galaxy, and the passing stars will start to increase "realistically". (a note on that, I want it to look cool not realistic.. in reality even if you were going the speed of light, you would only pass a couple stars every minute... but, you know)

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
WIP: Remake of DM-Oblivion from UT99

DM-Oblivion3-SE

I'm planning on animating the background some more - I want to start in blank space with no "zooming stars" and then eventually reach the galaxy, and the passing stars will start to increase "realistically". (a note on that, I want it to look cool not realistic.. in reality even if you were going the speed of light, you would only pass a couple stars every minute... but, you know)

nice! and thanks for staying so close to the original (judging by the screens that is).
i always loved this map. part of it may be because it's the first UT map i ever played over at a friend's place (wondering why there's only one weapon in the game :lol: ).
i'll be keeping an eye on it.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
top Secret :) this is prob all I will show for a while.. I dont want others compeating in the MSUC to beat me next year :D

bsp2ik7.jpg

Last edited: