The end of the world is nigh ... in three days ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
So maybe you don't believe in a theory suggesting an electrical universe, no problem, but since the topic here is the concern over black holes....

Mathematical proof that black holes do not exist.
Also here.
An excellent tertiary resource.

He points out the area where the idea of black holes came from. It was a corruption of an original equation that did not predict them. An error that was left to fester.

It also points out flaws and inconsistencies in Einsteins theory of relativity both special and general.

Einstein, while smart, was not the perfect god figure of math and physics that people today would have us believe.

From the third resource:
They must also label Einstein a crackpot, because Einstein always rejected the idea of the black hole, claiming in his research papers and other writings that it is not physical, and that singularities in the field nullify the theory of General Relativity.

From the first resource:
...So LIGO and its international counterparts such as the AIGO in Australia and VIRGO in Europe, are all destined to detect nothing; and the black hole is not predicted by General Relativity.

Read the FULL articles for quotes as there are just too many for me to put in here that I wish to show.

HERESY! Burn the heretic!

So what is the problem? Well a large part of it is the suppression of new ideas. The scientific world is no less corrupt and afraid of new things then any other. Its not the bastion of enlightenment and perfection that some would hope. Various cases of censorship. In Physics.

Why could you possibly want to suppress and censor new ideas and science? I can't exactly say as I am not amongst that league. However a big glaring reason might be the usual culprit: money, namely grant money.

I'm done. This is kind of a large tangent I went off on.

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Sure ... and the Titanic was unsinkable ...

I wonder how many accidents started with the words : 'but it was 100% safe to ... '.

Just because the chance of exploding into nothiness is next to 0 in probability does not mean we're safe.

If we were 100,000000000% sure of the results then there'd be no reason to conduct the experiment to begin with.

I'd rather have the world end because mother Nature decided our luck had run out instead of a bunch of scientists trying to 'understand everything'.

Some things really should be left to theory.

Jesus Christ I was just being facetious man.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
One might argue that the knowledge we get from this experiment could be used to destroy the entire universe. But that's irrelevant at this point.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
OK, so suddenly we've all become Albert Einsteins.
You can't assume anything these days.
Listen, if an actual black hole in space can suck in everything within a twenty billion mile radius then I'm pretty sure one the size of a pin head can take a packet of jammy dodgers, a toaster and maybe a few fridge magnets from the cafeteria at Swiss event horizon central.
Then again, watching cricket has the same effect on my brain strangely enough...

Lruce

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
They can't know a **** what's behind it all, it is "unknown sector" and they do better if they don't dig with it, because any dig so far has failed and badly.
Just because of some smartheads we are suddenly being endangered in a way, great really.
Yeah it's just as stupid as the experiment in half-lie.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Yeah, lol, I read that to make a black hole out of the sun you'd have have to shrink it down to a globe with a radius of only 14km. To make a black hole out of the earth you'd have to shrink it down to a few mm³.
They don't even have enough matter at their disposal to make a pin-head sized black hole, even if they could pull it off energy wise.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
They can't know a **** what's behind it all, it is "unknown sector" and they do better if they don't dig with it, because any dig so far has failed and badly.

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't seen any blackholes destroying the world or CERN experiments going apesh­it so far.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What the hell are you talking about? I haven't seen any blackholes destroying the world or CERN experiments going apesh­it so far.

Nope, but I meant other experiments.
And even if it's CERN, it's risc.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Seriously. Nothing is going to happen. They said the blackholes would be sub atomic. Black holes that you are so worried about have millions times the mass of our sun. These do't have anything hardly and would last only a fraction of a second before they collapsed on themselves.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
We don't know for sure what is going to happen I think, it can do anything else, I doubt it will destroy whole world or something, but something bad can happen while they will be doing it. Or maybe it will destroy Geneve, some explosion perhaps when it fails or who knows.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I read in an article in the New Scientist something about invisible black holes, some of which might even be inside our own bodies. Interesting thought.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Well there you have it.
For all we know we may now be residing within a parallel universe and the whole thing happened so fast we just didn't notice.
Come to think of it I'm sure I brush my hair slightly to the left but it's now on the right - wtf?

Lruce

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
We don't know for sure what is going to happen I think, it can do anything else, I doubt it will destroy whole world or something, but something bad can happen while they will be doing it. Or maybe it will destroy Geneve, some explosion perhaps when it fails or who knows.

You have absolutely nothing to back up what you think. If you had just a remote idea about how physics work, you'd know that this experiment blowing up a city is impossible.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Black holes don't blow, they suck (litteraly).

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Why should the collision of particles cause a black hole to form anyways(we need mass!!!)? All people claiming that this could happen should back their claims up(or read up on the theories of black holes and then come back informed).
As much as I disagree with ilkman(but dont bother to argue) he's backing up his claims and giving people the chance to argue specifically. :tup:

Dante

Born Ex Nihilo
Mar 2, 2008
Lithuania
Why should the collision of particles cause a black hole to form anyways(we need mass!!!)? All people claiming that this could happen should back their claims up(or read up on the theories of black holes and then come back informed).
As much as I disagree with ilkman(but dont bother to argue) he's backing up his claims and giving people the chance to argue specifically. :tup:

Well as your speed increases, so your mass does. Because those particles are accelerated almost to the speed of light, they sort of gain a lot of mass. Can't really say anything else because I don't know much, but theoretically two particles that collide could form a galaxy, if their velocity is high enough.